Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Thirst Quenching Teacher Gift

While wasting way too much time  perusing my new obsession, Pinterest (check out my boards here!), I found this super cute Teacher's Gift idea.
I usually do a summer themed gift for the teachers. For the last few years, we've made these beverage dispensers filled with drink mixes.
We also made this for a very special teacher.
I loved the idea of the cool insulated cups filled with individual drink mixes and topped off with those cute little flags.
The whole process was pretty simple and fun. We started out with some insulted cups. 
Then printed out the flags from the tutorial.  We made some copies. We only used the top one.
"thank you for quenching my thirst for knowledge"
We bought a variety of instant drinks: iced coffee, lemonade, iced tea and Crystal Light.

My daughter wrote personalized messages for each teacher on the back of the flags.


She filled up the cups and attached the flags with tape.
 They really looked cute.
 Her teachers loved them.
One even commented that it was like "summer in a cup".
Linking up with:




Pin It

23 comments:

Country Mouse said...

What super cute gifts!! I love those cups, but at $10 a pop, that would be a pricey teacher gift. Where did you find your cups? Thanks for sharing.
audrey

ourlifeinaclick.blogspot.com said...

I found them at K-Mart for $6/each.

Amanda-The Sweet Details said...

Hi! I just came over to invite you to link up at Savory Sundays! It's open right now and I'd love if you linked something up from your wonderful blog! Have a great day!! :)

Colleen said...

We just did something very similar except I put Dunkin Donuts gift cards inside. I like your idea too.

Oh, and I am also loving pinterest! Such fun!

Renee Huggins said...

Great Blog! I found you through Busy Mom's Tips and I'm following you!

Judie said...

That is such a clever idea! I'm glad to know where the cups can be found.

storybeader said...

very cute! I'm sure her teachers enjoyed this. And this idea could be used for all sorts of parties! {:-Deb

BluBabesCreate said...

My mom is a teacher and she would love something like this!

Toni said...

Awesome idea!

Jenny said...

What an absolutely brilliant idea! I love this. You could do a travel coffee mug, too, and put the Starbucks coffee sticks in there.

I really enjoyed this post.

Thanks for the smile.

A+

Jennifer said...

Those are adorable!!! What a unique gift. Who wouldn't want to receive that? Good job!

Gina said...

Such a great idea!

Amy @ Keep'n The SunnySide said...

Such a clever idea. I bet the teachers LOVE you!

Anonymous said...

As a teacher, I would LOVE this gift! It's very practical and it doesn't have an apple or a schoolhouse anywhere on it! That means I could use it outside of school too!
LOVE!

Amy at Ameroonie Designs said...

It definitely is "summer in a cup" Love this idea.
xoxo,
amy

Leanne said...

What a great idea! I love these. Thanks for linking to the Point of View Linky Party.

Jonie Marie said...

I love the look of these! Where do you find the cups at? Thanks for linking up to Point of View!

Pamela said...

Love your idea here...I posted a link on my blog post today. I think it's sweet that your daughter is adding notes of her own!

Seven said...

I'm really eager to use this for my son's teacher and aide - can you share the link for the label tutorial? I can't seem to find it anywhere. TIA!

ourlifeinaclick.blogspot.com said...

@Seven,

Here's the original link for the labels. Have fun!


http://lisastorms.typepad.com/files/straw-flags.pdf


-h

Steph said...

Thanks for sharing! I am making this for my daughter's 1st grade teacher, I slipped a $5 Starbuck's gift card in there too. Target has these cups for $4.99 back in their summer/garden section!

Anonymous said...

I found similar cups at walmart for $3.96.

Anonymous said...

Hi there, You've done a great job. I'll сertainly ԁigg it and рeгsоnally recommend tο my frіеnds.
I am sure they ωill be benefitеd
from thіs web sіte.
Visit my webpage tangled birthday party ideas

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails