Saturday, January 1, 2011

Inspiration for 2011 Projects

I'm starting to get antsy to get back to doing home projects. Here are some that I'd love to accomplish in the coming year.
Adding bead board to the island and painting it black.
Isn't this one lovely? {sigh}

I have similar color cabinets and granite so I know it will look great in my kitchen too. I'll probably be ready for a new paint color in the kitchen after that.  Time to pull out my Benjamin Moore paint fan!!

Check out the whole amazing island transformation over at Thrifty Decor Chick

Under cabinet Lighting

This will make a huge difference in the kitchen too!

Another project we want to tackle is finally adding a gas fireplace down in our remodeled basement.
Some candy for the eye.
Won't that add some cozy warmth to the space?

I also want to add one of these pendant light adapters over the snack center in our basement. Love the drum shade! 
I'm thinking burnt red for a pop of color.

We'll also be giving our younger daughter a room makeover in the summer.
I'm sure that will include lots of trips to Ikea and hours browsing through PB Teen.

I love this blue accent wall!

and I want to figure out what to do with our fireplace built ins...to paint or not to paint? White, black, pop of bold color on the backs??
AfterPaintingPicture1
Here's one that is similar to ours but I have a lot more brick.
What projects are you planning for 2011?





Pin It

7 comments:

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Oh it all sounds wonderful. Love all of your projects. I want to change out the track lighting in the kitchen and replace the carpet in the family room with either wood or tile to match kitchen. Then to declutter and organize. That should be a whole years worth of projects. Happy New Year and can't wait to see all of your projects. Hugs, Marty

Marissa said...

wow, I think I found some inspiration through your pictures too :) Wow, love the cabinet lighting...we need to do that too!!!

Heather@myeverydaygraces said...

Heather, I have no doubt that you will do all this and more:) Looking forward to watching your progress! Happy New Year!!

ps. Love that kitchen island.

Slade said...

http://www.RealDadReviews.comFollowing your blog! Please follow back!If you could follow me on Facebook, that would be great!http://www.facebook.com/RealDadReviews
Thanks
The Dad!.

Jacqui said...

Those ideas look fantastic! Love the fireplace!

Hi! I'm your newest follower. I would love it if you would follow back at one or all four of my blogs :)

www.singleparentretreat.com
http://singlemamachallenges.blogspot.com/
http://motherdaughterconnection.blogspot.com/
http://jmconsultingservices.blogspot.com/

Happy New Year!

Life in Rehab said...

You want a laugh? We have the kitchen, the fireplace, lighting, and Savannah's bedroom scheduled for 2011.

⚜ ↁℯℬℬᴵℰ⚜ said...

Sigh, Heather, I have a big to do list, however, I do not think most of it will happen. My husband really is not into projects anymore like I am....and most I can't tackle myself. I will enjoy looking at yours. Happy New Year.

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails