Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Dining Around the {Disney}World Part 2

Here's my second installment of our Dining around the {Disney} World. All that holiday-ing kind of took over.
  If you want to read Part 1, click here. We were in Disney over Thanksgiving and decided to eat at the Kona Cafe in our hotel for our Thanksgiving meal. We had celebrated Thanksgiving there in 2008 and liked their traditional menu.

What I'm most thankful for.
Miss Vegetarian ordered the Pan Asian Noodles minus the chicken.

The rest of us ordered the traditional Thanksgiving meal. Turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, green beans and cranberry sauce.

All was delicious! Now onto dessert.

Banana-chocolate creme brulee

pumpkin cheesecake

The fabulous Kona Cone full of ice cream swaddled in cotton candy.

Hubs wanted plain old  cupcakes. Nothing is plain here!

On another day of our trip we tried the chips and guacamole in Mexico's La Cantina de San Angel.
Awesome! Margaritas mandatory optional.

We also tried the new pizzeria in Italy called Via Napoli. It is a beautiful space with three huge pizza ovens that look like stone faces.
Vesuvio, Stromboli & Etna are their names.
I found this picture on another site. 

Really unique glass ware.

Hubs ordered spaghetti e polpettine (meatballs).

Little one ordered lasagna verde (spinach, parmesan and besciamella)

The other two of us opted for the wood fired pizza and a family style salad.
  Mine was covered in mushrooms and onions.

Miss Veg got the eggplant.

Desserts looked great too.

Gelato Frizzate (Italian ice cream soda)

Tiramisu

Pistachio gelato with almond brittle. We gave this new place our thumbs up!!

Read more about our Disney adventures.
Linking up with:
Pin It

4 comments:

Sweet T Makes Three said...

Yum! I have not yet had the chance to try the new Italian place. It looks great!

Brandi said...

my mouth is watering! Everything looks so delicious!

Life in Rehab said...

That's it, I'm putting in a vacation request at the office. I need to get back there!

houseofestrogen said...

We were just at Disney right before Christmas. I contemplated reservations at Via Napoli but skipped it. Now I wish I had gone! Looks delish! And my kids would have LOVED that Kona cone! What fun! We stayed at Poly too, but didn't try Kona. I'll have to do both those on another trip!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails