Monday, June 24, 2013

{Travel} The Happiest Place on Earth-Part 6

**Google Reader is ending as of July 1st. Please follow me on Bloglovin'.
Click on the link below or the button on my sidebar if you want to follow me or continue following me. Thank you!**
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

On our last full day in Disney we decided to spend it in EPCOT and to get there early to ride Soarin' and Test Track. 
On a side note, look at how cute the housekeeping was at the Polynesian. Besides having a sweetly, nightly turn down service (with chocolate), we'd also find cute scenes like this. 
{That's a turtle made out of washcloths hanging out with Perry the Platypus on the bed.}

Like I said, we were trying to get to EPCOT for their opening time (9am for Future World) so coffee was a must on the monorail ride over.
The plan was for my husband to run over to The Land and get fast passes for Soarin' while we waited in line at Test Track.  The park had just opened the Stand By line was already over an hour long.  We all met up and waited but the line moved quickly so that was a plus!
We were excited to check out the Re-imagined Test Track. As part of the queue now you get to design  and style your own vehicle.
You have to adjust things on your vehicle and see how they affect it in responsiveness, power, efficiency and capability.
This was our finished vehicle. Your vehicle follows you throughout the attraction.  After you are done the ride, it also rates your vehicle vs. everyone else's from the same ride.  Pretty cool!  It definitely makes the ride more interactive and fun!
Next up was Soarin'. This has to be my favorite EPCOT ride but the line is always long. It's nice to have fast passes for this one!
Little known fact: In WDW, they tell you to take your loose shoes(like flip flops) off for the ride. In California, they don't allow you to take them off. Strange, right? I prefer it with shoes off for the total experience. It is awesome!  We also did the Living With the Land boat ride and some of us experienced Mission to Mars that morning (not me).
By then, the World Showcase was open and we were ready to eat our way around the world. First we had fish and chips in the UK. We bought one order to split and looked for a place to sit down but all of their tables were full so we went behind the stores in the UK and found a lot of empty benches surrounding a cool and quiet garden square.  It was the perfect spot to rest and re-group.   We made our way around the world until we got to Norway and the Kringla bakery.
Isn't this ceiling pretty?
We were on the hunt for one thing...
School Bread! I mentioned it as something I wanted to try in this post of Disney eats and treats before we left.  It was rich and sweet and creamy and delicious. What can I say? You must try it!
As we were leaving Norway we saw a whole slew of characters coming our way!
We snapped this one with Stitch and I used my Disney Memories HD app to add this cute frame. You can read more about the app here.
One of our Disney traditions is for the girls to get henna tattoos in Morocco on the last day of our trip(so they last longer).   I've even gotten one. They are beautiful.
Morocco is being re-built (new restaurant coming!) so the kiosk was set up in a different place this year. The women who do the tattoos are amazing. You just tell them what number tattoo you want from the book and they draw it on from memory!
Obviously my memory isn't very good because I can't remember what this one was called. **edit**It's called "Eternity".** They add some glitter to give it a little sparkle.  In a few hours, all of the 'puffy' henna falls off and you are left with a lighter version of the design. She also got her name in Arabic on her other arm.
This day is getting long, are you tired yet? We finished up our day in EPCOT with some guacamole and chips in Mexico and then took one more ride on Spaceship Earth. We had dinner plans in EPCOT that night but we decided to change it up.
Pin It

8 comments:

Jules said...

Those tattoos are beautiful! And if all those characters would have been walking towards me, I could have been screaming like a little girl....I LOVE Pooh!

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Google says Friends Connect is not ending, just Google Reader.

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

Thanks Marty! I knew something didn't look right about that! Thank you for the clarification!

xo,
-h

Tamar SB said...

Love the towel animals! You packed so much into your trip!!

Katie said...

LOVE the tattoo!! How pretty!!!

Also - loving Perry on the bed. Ever since I was a nanny, Phineas and Ferb has been of my favorite summer shows. I will still watch it when I catch it on!

Bliss said...

Soaring is a family fav, we loved it, and Test Track as well. Something closed before we were able to see it, but now I can't remember what it was, don't think you mentioned it in this post, so maybe you'll hit it on the next.

Bliss

Dawn said...

I think Epcot looks better than the Magic Kingdom? All the countries would be cool to see!

Dawn said...

I think Epcot looks better than WDW?

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails