Wednesday, June 5, 2013

{Recipe}The Best Broccoli Ever

Ooops, correction..this is The Best Broccoli of Your Life and I found the recipe here.
At least that's what the recipe said and I have to agree that it takes broccoli to a whole 'nother level.
I was getting a little bored with plain old steamed broccoli and even roasted broccoli didn't float my boat so I was looking for a new way to prepare it.
This one uses lots of garlic, 4 to 5 cloves that have been peeled and sliced.
Cut 4-5 pounds of broccoli into florets and toss with garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper and roast at 425 F for about 25 minutes on a foil lined baking sheet.  Roast until crisp tender with some of the tips being slightly brown.
While it's roasting in the oven give the pan a few shakes to evenly cook the broccoli.
In the meantime, toast some pine nuts (about 3 TBS) in a dry skillet.
This is optional, I've made it with and without the pine nuts and both versions are good.
When the broccoli is done roasting, take it out of the oven and zest a lemon over the broccoli, toss in some more olive oil (1.5 TBS), the pine nuts and some parmesan cheese (1/3 cup).   The recipe said you could add some fresh julienned basil too but I didn't have it.
Toss this all together and serve immediately.
Enjoy!

Pin It

12 comments:

Debbiedoo's said...

Mmm...I love love love broccoli! This looks so good Heather. Thanks for sharing.

Creations By Cindy said...

Oh yeah! This is a must try! Thanks!!!! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Creations By Cindy said...

Oops, forgot to answer your questions. I love to eat it steamed with all sorts of spices. Sometimes I add a little cheese to it and let it melt. But this looks so good. Hugs again! Cindy

Jules said...

I am kind of on the fence about broccoli but I eat it because I know it is good for me. This does sound like a yummy way to spice it up!

Katie said...

Oh man! This is getting pinned asap!

We usually just eat broccoli steamed, which gets a little boring :(

Dawn said...

Sounds pretty darn good!

Kara Claflin said...

That looks delicious!!

Clairejustine oxox said...

looks and sounds great, I need to eat more :0)

Thanks for sharing with us at the weekend blog hop ,

have a lovely weekend :)

Francie Basalla said...

I love a good broccoli salad...onions, raisins, sunflower seeds, cheese!

Francie Basalla said...

I love a good broccoli salad...onions, raisins, sunflower seeds, cheese!

Amanda Cantrell said...

This sounds yummy! I am going to have to try this. Everyone always cooks with pine nuts. I personally have never tried them so I am kind of excited to give this a shot! New follower from the weekend blog hop.

http://chaoticcantrells.com/she-inside-lookbook/

Lisa said...

Thanks for the idea! I need to add this to my recipe list. I'm always looking for ways to get my son & husband to eat veggies :)

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails