Friday, June 28, 2013

{Travel}The Happiest Place on Earth- Part 8 (last one!)

I can't believe this is my final installment from our trip to Walt Disney World.
The last day is always a little sad for me.
We walked over to the Kona Cafe at the Polynesian Resort for breakfast which seems to be another tradition for us on our last day in Disney.  It was pretty humid and my camera fogged right up when we left our cool, air conditioned room.
Breakfast at the Kona is not to be missed (but must be photo bombed)!
My husband ordered the ham and cheese omelette sans the ham.  It comes with perfectly spiced potatoes and a light and fluffy biscuit. They don't skimp on the cheese.
I ordered the fruit bowl served in a pineapple shell. It comes with the most delicious warm banana bread on the side.  So good!

But this is really the piece de resistance!
My daughter (bless her heart) ordered Tonga Toast. I'm so happy when someone orders it because then I can have a taste(or three)!  Tonga Toast is banana stuffed sourdough bread french toast that is deep fried and rolled and in cinnamon sugar. It's served with a side of bacon, sausage or fruit and a sweet strawberry compote. It's really indescribable!  The Kona is famous for it but you can also get it downstairs at Captain Cook's in the Polynesian as a counter service item. The other nice thing about the Kona Cafe, is real Kona coffee.  You can get a press pot of the delicious brew. Even their 'regular' coffee is a Kona blend, a nice change from the Disney Nescafe served most places.



One of the changes at Disney since the last time we were there is this new system they are using for everything from getting into your room, entering the parks and paying for your food. These Mickey 'boxes' are popping up everywhere. You just wave your card key in front of it. Pretty cool!! It seems to improving the time it takes to get into the parks because they can let in two at a time at each (former) turnstile.  
A storm was starting to blow in after breakfast.  It was the first rain we had seen on our trip.


It was coming down pretty hard and the wind was strong there for awhile. I didn't mind leaving so much then.  

Before we knew it, it was time to say goodbye to our favorite place and favorite resort and get on the Magical Express bus back to the airport.
{sad face}
It had been a fabulous trip (minus the fact that College Girl couldn't be with us).
I hope we'll be back soon!!
If you'd like to see the rest of our trip, it all starts here.
Thanks for following along!! What's your favorite vacation spot?
Linking up with:
Creative Mondays
Wow Us Wednesday

Pin It

8 comments:

Tamar SB said...

Now that is a breakfast!! What a fun way to use the pineapple too! Glad you only saw rain on the last day, though!

Jules said...

I think that I am just as sad that your posts are over that you were to leave Disney! Not to mention, I may have gained weight just seeing all the yummy food that you had. Hope you are having a wonderful time in NYC!!!!!

Mel@JunkinJunky said...

Disney should know about your family and comping you your next visit!

It must have seemed a little different without your older daughter with you, but it looks like you had a great holiday.

Bliss said...

I think you should try to duplicate the Tonga Toast. It might not be exact, but it sounds do-able.
Bliss

Dawn said...

Tonga Toast looks ridiculously delish! The whole trip looked fab!

Dee @ A Lapin Life said...

Yum! That is my kind of breakfaat :)

Karen said...

Looks like a wonderful trip! Awesome breakfast. I'd have to to back and take a nap after eating that!

Katie said...

That breakfast looks amazing! I think I'd have to go with the omelette, I just love them!

The Mickey boxes sound pretty cool. I like that they make everything faster!

My favorite vacation spot is Long Beach Island. We went every year for 16 years!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails