Friday, June 14, 2013

{Travel}The Happiest Place on Earth-Part 2

Our second day in Disney started out at Hollywood Studios.  If you missed part one, it's all here.  I haven't been Tower of Terror in a few years but I was determined to do it this time. I took my generic Dramamine early, got in line and held my breath that I'd be ok and...
 
I was! 
I did it!! 
I loved it!
The day was off to a great start!!
Did I mention it was Star Wars Weekend?
Some people really got into it!
 {These were guests not cast members}.
 

I wandered into a big tent like place called Darth Mall while the family was on Rock N' Roller Coaster.
I wasn't quite sure what to expect. Wow!!  See Darth Vader? He's made of Legos!!   There was a whole section of women's clothing-from t-shirts to costumes.
I immediately texted the family to meet me over there when they were done. This place was SO cool! I've never seen so much Star Wars merchandise!  I'm not even that into Star Wars but I loved it.
 

I seriously wanted this Galactic Swagger shirt.  There were also Star Wars themed cocktails for sale (even at 10 in the morning). So much temptation!  I couldn't decide between The Force and The Dark Side either.
We did buy a few things--this lady was the jedi knight of the checkout line.  
She had a light saber and wasn't afraid to use it.
Our friends (who were also in Disney) told us that the Star Wars parade was really good and not to miss it.  So we found a comfy spot out of the sun to watch it. We had to stand on benches when it came by but we could also see it on the big screen as it passed by us.
We had fast passes to Toy Story Mania and thank goodness we did.
 When we went back to ride it at our appointed time, the stand by line was 180 minutes!
These two are pretty competitive.  I won't embarrass them by posting my not so amazing score.
That night we went to Epcot and look what greeted us as we walked in.
I'm pretty excited about this movie. The topiary display was so accurate, down to Mike Wazowki's retainer!
It was a gorgeous night along the water in World Showcase.
We had dinner at one of our favorite places, Teppan Edo in the Japan Pavilion.
We sat with a nice family from Pittsburgh.  It's always nice getting to know your table mates, especially when they are as big Disney fans as you are.
This was Miss Middle School's vegetarian hibachi meal.
We had to save a little room for dessert.
Green tea swirled ice cream.
Back to the hotel after another great day/night!
Linking up with:
Pin It

9 comments:

Tamar SB said...

What a fun and busy day!! I've never been to Disney and live vicariously through all the posts on instagram and blogger!

camp and cottage living said...

Wow, it looks like such a fun place to visit at any age!

mail4rosey said...

One of my most favorite places in the world. :)

Jules said...

Love that pic of you and miss middle school and the MI topiary is the best! Can't wait to see more. Have a great weekend!

Pride In Photos said...

We visited Epcot and the flower garden show this year in april. What a magical place this is. I loved reliving it thru this post.

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

How fun! I rode the tower of terror once and that will be it for me. :)

Dawn said...

Another fun day! Those topiaries are amazing - and dinner was looking pretty good too especially the ice cream!

Katie said...

I can't wait for this to be continued!

Tower of Terror is such a cool ride. Even though it really does terrorize me!

We can't wait to see Monsters University. Those topiaries are amazing!

The Star Wars weekend looks so cool! I think I'd have had The Force, but that's because I prefer vodka to rum. AJ can't decide what he would drink. He'd probably get The Dark Side so we could try both...at 10am ;)

PS. Love the new header!!

Bliss said...

It took some talking into by my family on our second trip to MGM, but I too loved Tower or Terror and did it twice, but the roller coaster only one time Dramamine and all. And my all time favorite is Buzz!

Bliss

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails