Friday, September 9, 2011

{Recipe} Jam Thumbprint Cookies

What to do with an abundance of freezer jam from last summer?
I did offer some up to our local Facebook friends but we still had a few jars left.
I searched for some recipes and decided on these old favorites.
My 11 year old got right to making them since we had all of the ingredients on hand.

These start out as sweet, buttery balls and then they are rolled in walnuts.
Make a little indent with your thumb and add your favorite jam.
Bake to golden goodness.
Let cool, if you can restrain yourself..otherwise you might burn your tongue on the hot jam.
I speak from experience here.
 They freeze really well but didn't last long in the freezer, so much for getting a jump on our holiday baking.
Here's the recipe we used.
Pin It

2 comments:

Jessi said...

Ooh those look good. I love thumbprint cookies.

Have a great weekend! :)

Love Of Quilts said...

That would be me burning the tougue...I speak for experience too. They look so good I wouldn't be able to way. Trish

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails