Thursday, September 22, 2011

A Lil' Fall Thrifting

 Hit up the Will of Good the other day and found a few things.
 These turkey salt and pepper shakers were too cute to pass up. 
I thought they'd make cute "book ends" for my dining room table centerpiece, come Turkey Time.
They were $1.97/each and I'm very pleased with the price since I saw similar ones at Pier 1 today for $8/each!  Mine are also Made in Japan, which I thought was pretty cool.
 I also snagged this rustic candle holder for 97 pennies.
The candle is all melted out but I like it for it's shape and color and probably won't put a candle in it.
It fits right in with our neutral mantel (until I change my mind and get out the spray paint).
This oval galvanized tub also hopped into my shopping cart.  I'm sure I'll find lots of uses for it. Someone had already drilled holes in the bottom if I want to use it for a planter.
I also think it will be a handy helper at parties for holding utensils, napkins and plates or a mini drink cooler filled with ice (outside of course).
Have you scored any great thrifty finds lately?
Linking up with:
Follow Friday
Follow Friday 40 and Over
Thrifty Thursdays
Pin It

2 comments:

Tanya @ Lovely Greens said...

Great finds - especially the tub for $3! :)

camp and cottage living said...

I haven't scored that good in a while! I love anything galvanized, of course.
And those little gobblers are sweet! It reminds me I've got a pair I need to get out because our Thanksgiving is coming pretty quickly here!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails