Tuesday, December 22, 2020

{Recipe} Slow Cooker "Meaty" Vegan Lasagna

A few  months ago I posted  that I had adapted  Julie's Slow Cooker Lasagna and promised  to  share the recipe.


I made it again and kept track of the ingredients this time.  It was a hit again and  definitely a keeper  for me.   It's so easy to throw the ingredients in the slow  cooker in  the morning and have lasagna for dinner. The pieces come out in  a scoop rather than a neat slice but it tastes just as good!
Ingredients:
1 small onion, diced
2  cloves garlic, minced
1 batch Healthy Homemade Marina Sauce-or 3(15 oz each) cans Italian style tomato  sauce
1 package of  beefless ground  (I used Trader Joe's brand)
1 cup cooked lentils (optional)
1  batch Cauliflower Ricotta  (I used riced cauliflower in recipe to make it even quicker)
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
11 dried lasagna noodles  (I used 1/2 of a box)
16 oz bag frozen  spinach, defrosted and squeezed of excess moisture
1-1 1/2 cups vegan mozzarella (I used Violife)
salt & pepper to  taste

To make:
  • Sauté onion on medium high with some water or olive oil. Add beefless crumbles and break up with spoon.  Add cooked lentils if using.
  • Add minced garlic and continue to cook until onions are translucent and beefless  ground is warmed through being careful not to brown the garlic. Season with salt & pepper.   Set aside.
  • Add nutritional yeast to cauliflower ricotta mixture and stir to combine.
  • Make sure spinach is squeezed out really well removing as much liquid as possible and add to ricotta mixture and stir to combine.  
  • Assemble lasagna in slow cooker-Layer sauce, 3-4 noodles(break up noodles to fit), ricotta mixture, 1/4 cup mozzarella and 1/3 of "meat" mixture. Repeat layers ending with top layer of noodles and sauce.  
  • Cook on low 4-6 hours.  Sprinkle remaining mozzarella on top in the last hour of cooking.

I usually turn it down to Keep Warm if we're not ready to eat yet.  Serve and enjoy when ready!

It might not  be the most beautiful lasagna but it sure is delicious!  It's even better the next day.  
I'll be taking a little blog break to enjoy some down time with my family. I hope you have a safe and peaceful holiday!  

Please follow me!
Instagram @heather_ourlife 
Twitter @ourlifeinaclick 
Facebook @ourlifeinclick

Linking  up:


Pin It

6 comments:

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

Thanks for writing out the recipe for your vegan lasagna. I will have to try and make this after the holidays. The lasagna looks and sounds delicious tasting. Have a Merry Christmas Heather.

Tamar SB said...

That sounds delicious!

csuhpat1 said...

That looks so yummy.

Creations By Cindy said...

That looks so good Heather Lou. I hope that you and your sweet family had a wonderful Christmas. LOVED my Christmas card and the wording gave me a chuckle. OUT LOUD! Merry After Christmas sweet lady. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Mica said...

Yum, this looks so delicious! Thank you for sharing! :)

Hope that you had a wonderful Christmas and you are enjoying this relaxing time between Christmas and new year :)

Away From Blue

Claire Justine said...

Whoo, I could just eat some. Looks so tasty Heather :)

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails