Wednesday, July 18, 2018

{Travel} Boston - Day 3 The Freedom Trail.

We had our third morning in Boston to ourselves and wanted to go into full on tourist mode that day.
It was a beautiful, sunny day and I knew we'd be doing a lot of walking.  I thought my new dress from Primark would be cool and comfortable.
Once we made it into town we found the Freedom Trail Map.
 The trail is marked by these tell tale bricks and is 2.5 miles long (one way).
 We did our own version of the trail and stopped here at the site of the Boston Massacre first.
 There are signs around but sometimes the bricks stop so you have to pay attention to see where they pick up. This is Paul Revere House, it's the oldest standing structure in downtown Boston (built in 1680).  It's where Paul Revere lived when he made his famous messenger ride in April 1775.



I loved getting to see some other sides of Boston and this stroll through the North End was lovely.
 The smells wafting out of the Italian restaurants were tempting but we kept on walking.

 Outside of Old North Church is this statue of Paul Revere.


We were stopped by these two young filmmakers and asked if we'd read a line from the Declaration of Independence for a project they were doing. Of course Mr. Click was up for it.  The second photo is of Old North Church.
 This was a memorial for service people, there are military dog tags hanging along the fencing.
 Copps Hill Burying ground is the final resting place of merchants, artisans and craft people who lived in the North End.
 We made it to the waterfront but didn't go to see the USS Constitution (maybe next time). We were headed to Bunker Hill.

 You can see the Bunker Hill Monument while riding around Boston but as we were getting closer I was wondering where it was.
 Finally!! The monument sits right in a neighborhood.  You can get (free) tickets to walk to the top but we didn't do that this time.
 There's a Bunker Hill Museum across the street from the monument which was a good place to cool off after our warm walk.
 Gotta get that selfie!


While we were cooling off in the museum we researched lunch places and found one within walking distance called Figs.  They had amazing brick oven pizza and even made my side without cheese!
This was a mural I had been looking for in Boston and was so glad I found it while we were waiting to pick up our daughter. It's called 999 Cranes. It was a great ending to our short visit. We can't wait to go back!

Day 2

Instagram @heather_ourlife 
Twitter @ourlifeinaclick 
Facebook @ourlifeinclick
Please follow me!

Linking up:
Pin It

8 comments:

Laura Everyday Edits said...

What a fun trip! love the dog tags! laura

Andrea Nine said...

What a fun day on this great trip! Yummy looking pizza and you look darling! That dress! Super find!

Tamar SB said...

I haven't been to the North End in way too long!!

Carla from The River said...

Oh Boston .. how we love you. We did The Freedom Trail as well, our fellas loved it. This was fun Heather! When will your daughter head off for college, or did she?

Claire Justine said...

Looks like a great trip. I would love to visit. I have never been to anywhere in America before Heather but it is on my wishlist :)

Thanks for linking up to The Wednesday Link Up.

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

So much history and so much fun! I love that you were part of a little film too!

Joanne said...

I haven't walked the Freedom trail since I was in high school (or maybe even junior high!) it's something I keep meaning to do with my boys but I never think of it when the weather is just right.

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

It's so nice that you were able to explore so much of Boston. Thanks for sharing at C&C with J&J. :)

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails