Tuesday, March 28, 2017

{Recipe} Another Lentil Loaf (and Mashed Potatoes)

I've tried a couple of lentil loaf recipes over the years and this Lentil Rice Loaf from Straight Up Food looked like another good one to try.  
I usually make lentil loaves for special occasions, as they seem a bit fancy and labor intensive. I made this one on a weeknight with oil-free mashed potatoes, my vegan go-to gravy and broccoli.
Mushrooms, onions and celery get sauteed with spices, using only water while the lentils and rice cooks in another pot.
Once all of the ingredients are cooked, they have to be pulsed a few times in a food processor. My Cuisinart is on hiatus due to a blade recall (that is taking FOREVER!) so I had to use my mini food processor and it took about 6 rounds to process all of the ingredients (that got a little time consuming!).  The end result is a lovely blend of savory goodness that then gets baked in the oven.
 Meanwhile I cooked some Yukon gold potatoes in veggie broth until tender.
They whip up so nicely with just the addition of the broth they cooked in (added by ladlefuls until they are the consistency you like.  No butter or milk needed!
 Of course we needed some gravy and this I Can't Believe It's Vegan Gravy has never failed me.
Dinner is served! I could go for all of this right now.  I've included the two other lentil loaf recipes that I've tried and enjoyed.
Glazed Apple Walnut Loaf from Oh She Glows
Puffed Pastry Wrapped Lentil Loaf from It Doesn't Taste Like Chicken

Let's Keep In Touch!
  photo pinterest-2_zps1a6f4965.png  photo instagram-2_zpse2ae75b5.png  photo facebook-2_zps1d5be0d6.png  photo twitter-1_zps27e694f2.png
Linking up:
Cooking and Crafting with J & J


Pin It

5 comments:

Tamar SB said...

oh man that sounds good!!

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

Yum, this looks SO good and comforting! I'm fighting a cold right now so I think I'd love to have a slice!

Carla from The River said...

yum, let me know what time dinner is served ;-)

Love Of Quilts said...

Looks so good. You are having a good meal.

Creations By Cindy said...

WOW, this looks great Heather and I am trying to get over a bout of pneumonia and have had no appetite. You always make these dishes look so good! And I bet they are. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails