Monday, July 18, 2011

Summer Fruits and Flowers

Yummy summer fruits!
We can't seem to get enough of them this year.
Have you tried these nectarines from Trader Joe's? The box is so cute and the nectarines were delicious. We also tried their peaches and were equally pleased.
Sometimes the kitchen counter looks like this, and everyone can just grab what they want.
For my hubby's birthday, we made him his favorite Vanilla Chip Fruit Tart.
It's perfect for a summer birthday.
It's got a shortbread crust, white chocolate cheese-cakey filling and then it's covered in summer fruit with a citrus glaze on top.
YUM!  
The garden is also changing. It's been very hot and dry around here lately but my container flowers are doing well.



The tiered terracotta planter I made last year.

























Some flowers on the deck.




The morning glory just started to bloom in the garden.  I love blue flowers!
It's a shame that each bloom only lasts one day.
Luckily, there are lots of buds on the vine.
We also have some Black Eyed Susans.
Coreopsis.
My Knock Out Roses have returned for another bout.
Hope you're having a fruity, flowery summer too!

Linking up with:
Alphabe-Thursday
Sweet Shot Tuesday
Sunday Showcase
Sundae Scoop
Tuesday To-Do
Wow Me Wednesday



Pin It

15 comments:

Holly@A Life-Size Catholic Blog said...

Everything here looks so alive~unlike mt yard. Are you doing some kind of photography touch up technique? Your photos and flowers/deck sure are beautiful!

camp and cottage living said...

That's one yummy looking dessert!
And your flowers are lovely.

Ashley Sisk said...

Starting with food is only going to make me hungry. HEHE jk. Love the photos.

Farah Muzaffar said...

Hello... dessert looks so yummy... and the fresh fruits in summer are the most appropriate thing to beat the heat
Wish if you can pay a visit to me at
http://craftaworld.blogspot.com/
love
Farah

Petie@inspirednesting.com said...

I'm so envious of your warm weather and sunshine....we're still waiting on summer here in the NW! Your flowers look great, my fav is Black Eyed Susans ;)

Toni said...

All your fruit pics make me hungry!! :) Yum!

alison said...

This looks fantastic!!

criticalcrass said...

oh, i want that glass of all those bits of fruit cut up. that looks so yummy. and the flowers are so pretty. thanks for posting. :]

Andy said...

Oh my goodness! What heavenly delights! Your flowers are beautiful, especially that Morning Glory. I love the sweet smell of ripe fruit, they're great for smoothies too and that tart..yum...my mouth is watering...I'm in choco heaven! ;-)

Ames said...

I love fruit. It's so hot here the fruit would rot if I left it on the counter like that. My neighbor told be about freezing blueberries as long as you don't wash them. I then grab a handful for snacking and it cool and refreshing! Your flowers are lovely!~Ames

ourlifeinaclick.blogspot.com said...

@Holly Thanks! All these photos were SOOC (straight out of the camera).

-h

⚜ ↁℯℬℬᴵℰ⚜ said...

How refreshing. I love this idea for the trifle bowl, how easy and pretty.

Ginger@gingersnapcrafts said...

Love summertime! Beautiful pictures. Following from I Heart Naptime link party. Would love to have you link this up to my {wow me} wednesday link party going on right now over on my blog {if you haven‘t already!}. Hope to see you there.

Ginger
gingersnapcrafts.blogspot.com

Jenny said...

What a nifty and beautiful summer post.

Your tart looks delicious.

Thanks for a lovely link this week.

A+

Jami said...

Hi Heather!
Beautiful photographs! It looks like you are having a lovely summer! Thanks so much for sharing this post at the Tuesday To Do Party!
Smiles!
Jami
www.blackberryvine.blogspot.com

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails