Friday, July 22, 2011

Italian Night II

Yes, they did it again. Our friends hosted their annual Italian night.
 The weather was perfect. We were so lucky!
 Do you love this vintage trunk, turned coffee table?  I sure do!
 Of course the star of the evening was the delicious food.
 Tuscan white bean hummus.
 Chianti bottles make lovely (and oh so appropriate) candle holders.
 Caprese-fo'shazay!
The signature cocktails were peach nectar bellinis.  
I could live on this bread salad. It is AH-MAZING!
 See how happy I am just thinking about the bread salad (with my peach nectar bellini)
The lighting was a mixture of these paper lanterns and
 and twinkly candlelight.
 Here's my thrifty skirt again!


 She makes a great babysitter.
 Love this table (my friend's dad made it)
 Here are our hard working hosts.

 After dinner was served, I didn't get many pictures.
 I was enjoying myself too much.
It was another perfect evening.
To see last year's Italian Night, click here.
Have you been to any fabulous summer soirees?
Linking up with:
Alphabe-Thursday
Weekend Wrap Up
Pin It

19 comments:

Vivian said...

That really looks like an AWESOME party. The food, the decor: LOVE IT! Will keep in mind for my next party :)

camp and cottage living said...

I'm ready for a good ol outside party. Our friends are having one next weekend. The hostess loves to dance. One party she got so caught up in her dancing she forgot we hadn't eaten!! A neighbor discreetly remminded her!

classic • casual • home said...

Such charming friends/cooks/entertainers. We love to entertain, too...fun with appreciative friends. Love the table setting.

classic • casual • home said...

Such charming friends/cooks/entertainers. We love to entertain, too...fun with appreciative friends. Love the table setting.

Splendid Little Stars said...

looks beautiful! sounds perfect!

⚜ ↁℯℬℬᴵℰ⚜ said...

Heather this is amazing dinner party. I would have had a very nice time indulging in the delicious food and wine. Great photos too.

Good Girl Gone Green said...

Lovely pictures! Looks like a fun time. I love the second to last picture...perfect!

Val said...

AMAZING images....This is such a dreamy party.

beckyp said...

looks like a fun evening

taylorsoutback said...

Looks like a fun evening - do you have a bib!! :o)

Ames said...

That looks inviting. I'll have to wait for cooler months for outdoor entertaining!~Ames

lissa said...

I want to be there for the food, looks delicious!

Dana @ Bungalow'56 said...

Wow, this does look like the perfect evening. I'm afraid where I live we would have all been decked out in full mosquito net regalia.
Dana

Stef said...

What fun! And the food looks so yummy!
(Love your skirt, by the way)

Mary said...

This makes me want to have my own outdoor party! Thanks for sharing... looks beautiful!

ChicChat said...

How fun! I would love to be invited to a party like that. Or maybe I could just host one. Thanks for sharing.

Sommer said...

That just looks like a wonderful way to spend an evening! Would love to have you link to my party this weekend too! http://designergarden.blogspot.com/2011/07/vip-party-21.html

Jenny said...

Heather! Lucky you! What a wonderful party. This looks like something I'd see on a TV show about entertaining.

The food does look fabulous and you look so gorgeous...sitting there waiting for a refill!

Thanks for the smile and the oustanding link this week.

A+

Andy said...

Everything looked so warm & inviting, especially the food (I love to eat).
This is what enjoying life is all about...family, friends, food & lots of laughter and memories.

Wonderful post/pictures. Thanks for sharing.

I'm here:
On This Orange-Hued Day

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails