Sunday, November 7, 2010

Tween Spa Party

Yes, she wanted a spa party!  My 11-year-old has been wanting one for almost a year.


  I knew I wouldn't be able to give ten little girls spa treatments all by myself so we made it a DIY spa party.  The girls would give themselves all of the treatments.
I bought some of the products at Bath and Body Works.   We picked out a few natural facial masks that we could make ourselves as well.
.
The party was held in the evening and we served light spa fare. 
The beverages were pink lemonade and water (in personalized bottles).
The color scheme was blue and pink.

The girls got to soak their feet in fizzy baths and read magazines.

"The Spa Table"
We needed lots and lots of washcloths and towels!

The girls got to pick out what kind of facial mask they wanted and also what kind of panini they'd like to eat. My husband manned the panini grille and kept track of each girl's order with these little flags I had made.

After a foot soak, followed by a scrubbing and moisturizing then topped off with fuzzy socks, the girls did a citrus hand scrub and moisturizing treatment. 


They had snacks and waited for their paninis while they socialized.  I was busy whipping up the facials.  They all got their masks applied and put cucumbers on their eyes (of course!)

The birthday girl picked out a rubber ducky cake and the design.  She did all the decorating of the cake herself.
We used some bath time rubber duckies around the cake.


After cake, the girls got to visit the candy buffet before they went home.
She loved the party and I think all of the guests did too!
(now Mommy needs a spa party!)
Blogger Templates


Pin It

10 comments:

Shawn Becker said...

So cute. My daughter, a hair stylist, recently did this theme party for her daughter and it was a big success!

Mel said...

What amazing fun for an 11 year old! Decadent! It looks like they had a blast playing grown up.

I love the cake and how your daughter decorated it; too cute.

Wish her a happy birthday from me.

Mel

Yellow House said...

You are such an awesome mom and party planner! And kudos to your husband, the panini maker! That looks like a party those girls won't soon forget. :)

Naila Moon of the Grey Wolf said...

Oh how much fun is that! I would have loved doing something like that as a "tween".
~Naila Moon

Lauren said...

What a fun idea! I want a spa party for adults! :)

Life in Rehab said...

Mommy deserves a medal. What a gorgeous party, great decorations and goodies as always, and what a lucky, lucky little girl.

Chelsea said...

What an adorable idea! I love it! It looks like your daughter and all her guests had a blast!

~Chelsea

Debbie said...

How fun is this?!!~ A friend of mine who just got her license said she wants to target the teen market....obviously they love to be pampered too. Looks like fabulous party, you did a great job!

heidi said...

Looks like they all really had fun; what a special party!
~Heidi
(found you via Metamorphosis Monday)

April@gingerbreadgirl said...

this looks like the coolest party ever!!!! I love it!!! And the cake looks yummy!!!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails