Friday, March 26, 2010

Thrift Store Finds

Here's what I scored for the whopping total of about $34 recently at my local thrift store.  First off, are these awesome candlesticks.  I hesitated but my friend Betsy convinced me that they'd look great on a our piano. I"m so glad she did!  (Thanks Betsy!)They were my 'big' purchase at $12/each  They really came in handy (more on that later).
Then I found these assorted items:
First off the "C" block is for my little collection of mismatched alphabet blocks that I started this Christmas and the letter "C" is associated with a family name so I also liked that and at .25, it was a steal!
The white vase, well you can see how great it looked with some leftover roses from this party that had to be cut down anyway. Sah-weet!! The glass cheese tray cover caught my eye too.  I didn't know what I would do with it but I liked it.
I also found this Pfaltzgraff soup tureen set:
I thought it would be perfect for my buffet in the dining room and had a classic look to it that would pretty much go with anything. 
Well I am happy to say that I've been using everything. The vase that held the roses, then held some cut down fuji mums from the same party. Now it's holding some little bunnies on the hearth.

The block looked great with my green St. Patty's day decor earlier in the month and it's still sitting on my sofa console now with the Easter decorations.

The candlesticks DO look great on my piano and when we had a power outtage a few weeks ago and filled just one of those puppies up with taper candles, boy did they give off a lot of light! I haven't found the perfect candles to keep in them permanently but I'm looking for a mid-height white taper.  Here, they are being put to good use during the storm by my daughter.  She entertained us with some tunes. It was lovely!
The soup tureen and glass cover are both on my buffet in the dining room.  The glass cover sits on a stack of plates and usually I keep some artificial pears under there but right now there are Easter eggs sitting under it.


In the second picture you can see the bunny hutch we featured earlier.  So what do you think? Did I do ok at the thrift store? 

ps. I went there again this week but wasn't as lucky.  I'll post about that on a later date.

-heather

Linking up with Garage Sale'n @ http://debbie-debbiedoos.blogspot.com/

 http://linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com/Pin It

16 comments:

Charla said...

LOVE it, dang we need to shop together girl... come decorate my house! The candlesticks are awesome and love the table- looks great!

Deirdre said...

I'm finding it pretty lately to put ball candles instead of tapers on my candelabras - much easier to keep the candle straight, too.

heather@ourlifeinaclick said...

Dee..that's a great idea. Where do you get the ball candles? I think that would look so much better. I'm not liking the tapers.

Charla..yes we do. Thanks!

Deirdre said...

My favorite ball candles were given to me by Ed and are from a store in Mt Horeb, WI called Open House Imports http://www.openhouseimports.com/shop/
I like them because they are a little smaller (2.5" diameter) than others that I have found. You can buy them at Michaels/AC Moore, too. I also saw some pretty ones at Crate and Barrel.

allbowerpower said...

I have a hard time resisting those cloches too. Its like they know how to find my weakest moment and exploit me :)
Great finds!
XO - Katie Bower

ourlifeinaclick.blogspot.com said...

Wow! Katie thanks for stopping by and commenting!! I'm going to hold you accountable for my addiction to those cloches! :)

kim said...

That is a great tureen. I am really liking those. I just ordered one from ebay.

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Awesome treasures that you have here...luv the soup tureen and the candlesticks. Thanks for coming to my PAR-TAY...hope you are having a good time:)

Blessings,
Linda

ourlifeinaclick.blogspot.com said...

Kim..thanks for stopping over. I love the tureen too..just used it for a flower arrangement.

Linda..thanks for hosting the party! I am having fun!

Creations By Cindy said...

Love your finds! Be blessed. Cindy

ourlifeinaclick.blogspot.com said...

Thanks for stopping over Cindy!

Debbie said...

Awesome finds! If I see one more Tureen score I am going to cry....I want one, and all you ladies are getting them...who would think a gal could be jealous over a Tureen...Those candles are really nice and useful too as you mentioned already put to use. I know what you mean about the candle size....and here is another hint make sure you take some wax and roll it on the bottom of the holder when you stick the candle in, it will stay....otherwise you risk it topping over....:) Thanks so much for linking up....I look forward to this party.

Home's Where My Heart Is said...

You made some great finds! I love soup tureens..I'm hoping to start a collection.
I also love your candle sticks. I have one just like them. They add such a touch of class.

Hope you're having a great day,
Erin
http://homeswheremyheartis.blogspot.com

Diann @ The thrifty Groove said...

Great finds! That tureen is my favorite (I have an addiction to them! LOL)

Charlotte said...

Great finds! I found a candelabra sort of like these a couple of weekends ago, Check out my post for May 23 on how I transformed it.

Michelle said...

Wow! Great thrift store items, especially the soup tureen! :o)

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Have a great evening!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails