Friday, March 19, 2010

Album charms-DIY

I love my scrapbooks but I when I wanted to look up a photo I'd have to look through all of them to find it. Can you say frustrating?
Creative Memories sells these nifty album charms at $10 a pop, I wanted to try a DIY (and cheaper) version of the charms.

This is how my albums looked.
Well I put my thinking cap on and hit ye old craft store for some supplies. You'll need:
lanyard hooks

picture charms


and a print out of your dates

First pop out the little plastic cover on the charms. Use this as your template to cut out your album information.  Then pop it into the charm and put the plastic cover back on.
Here's the back of the charm.

Next, attach the lanyard hook and you're done.
Viola, the finished product! So much easier to find what I'm looking for (and about $1/piece!)







UndertheTableandDreaming
Pin It

5 comments:

Charla said...

LOVE IT!!!!! Great Idea!!!

iheartorganizing said...

Totally digging the charms! Great idea!!! Thanks for sharing!

xoxo,
Jen

Stephanie Lynn said...

Heather this is a fabulous idea! Love how they turned out! So clever and creative! Thanks so much for joining The Sunday Showcase Party. I greatly appreciate it! Hope you have a wonderful week! ~ Stephanie Lynn

Stephanie Lynn said...

Hi Heather! I'll be featuring your charms tomorrow. Stop by and grab a featured button if you like! Thanks again for linking up to The Sunday Showcase! ~ Stephanie Lynn

Annie@Letters to Mo said...

New follower! This is a great idea! I am just now working on getting family photo albums together and will be using this idea. It's a project I've had in mind for a long time and am just now getting going- it's such a big undertaking!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails