Thursday, July 8, 2021

Staycation Week

After visiting College Girl in Boston for a whirlwind trip, we still had a week off and planned some home projects and some fun things as well.
I checked out the status of my garden.  I love red geraniums in the summer!
The veggie garden was making some progress. We have tomatoes!

I won't bore you with photos of our home projects - like shampooing the carpets and replacing faucet pulls but we also took lovely walks.

On Wednesday after my mammogram we treated ourselves to breakfast at a cute cafe.  They had the most amazing avocado toast I've ever had. 

We found this cutie in the garden!

It wasn't "all play" for us, I also had a maternity photo shoot at this lovely spot.
We stayed to watch the sunset after the shoot.
We celebrated the reopening of bars at a local fave.

On Friday we headed to the beach even though it was overcast and a  bit chilly.
Sometimes those are the best days to walk the boardwalk. It was not crowded.
We tried Luna Verde for lunch and we will definitely be going back for more!

We wanted to order everything and it looks like we did. We had lots of leftovers. The portions are huge!

We found coffee at a cute place and explored the town of Bradley Beach.
I love walking through the neighborhoods and looking at the houses where we got to meet this cute cat and his sweet owner.
We finished out the week with going to see a movie at the theatre!  I could not wait to see In The Heights and it was the perfect pick for our first movie back at a theatre. So good! We saw the Broadway show back in 2010, you can read about that last minute trip to NYC here.

Pin It

10 comments:

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

It sounds like you had a nice staycation Heather. It's good to work on some home projects and then have some fun. I enjoyed looking at the photos. I haven't been to Bradely beach in a long time but it looks like you had a great time and the food looks good too.

R's Rue said...

You had a wonderful staycation. And all I want is all that good, yummy food. Have a beautiful and blessed day.

Tamar SB said...

What a perfect week! In The Heights was so good!!

Dawn Hart said...

Sounds like the perfect Staycation, I loved the Tortoise as well as your garden pics, I grow food on our allotment too xxx

Joanne said...

That sounds like a wonderful staycation week!

Laura | Everyday Edits said...

I love a dedicated staycation!
All good on the mammo?
laura

Mica said...

Sounds like a lovely staycation and that avocado toast is making me hungry, haha! :)


Hope you are having a good weekend :) It's another chilly winter day here!

Away From The Blue

csuhpat1 said...

Looks like your week was great. Such a nice garden.

Claire Justine said...

Looks like you had a great time. Oh wow, the food looks amazing :) I can not wait to get away a few days.

Thanks so much for linking up to The Wednesday Link Up #TheWednesdayLinkUp

Terra Heck said...

That food from Verde looks delish. How cool that you spotted that turtle!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails