Thursday, July 22, 2021

{The Abode} Deck Overhaul

Our deck was in sad shape and needed some repairs and re-staining.  We got estimates to have it completely replaced with  composite decking but the cost was astronomical and didn't seem practical right now.

It might not look that awful from this photo but it was in pretty bad shape. We decided to remove our old hot tub and that really opened up the space.
But it also looked awful where the hot tub used to be.
It was starting to look better with new boards.
By this point they had power washed the entire deck and replaced most of the bad boards
They removed the old steps. Yikes! I didn't realize how high  up the deck was until the steps were gone!
There was a break in the repairs so we set up some furniture one weekend and enjoyed our almost completed deck.
Finally seeing the new steps come together!
We chose the color  Pine Cone by Sherwin Williams for the new stain. I love it
We added a sectional and a new umbrella.
You can see the rug we got at Costco under the sectional.  It  feels like a whole new space and we still have lots of room out there.

I realized I didn't take a current photo of the "tree house" part of the deck but here's a photo from last summer and it hasn't changed much. We replaced the electric string lights with solar string lights and they are working out well.

You can see all of our deck transformations over the years here.

Please follow me!
Instagram @heather_ourlife 
Twitter @ourlifeinaclick 
Pin It

12 comments:

Tamar SB said...

It looks so great! Love the new sectional.

Andrea Nine said...

Oh my gosh Heather, it looks absolutely beautiful! I especially love it at night with the lights!

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

I love how nice the deck looks Heather. The area where the sectional is looks great. I hope you enjoy the rest of the summer out on your deck!

Bindu said...

It looks very nice! Enjoy!!

Claire Justine said...

This is amazing Heather. I would love something like this in my garden. Love everything :)

Thanks so much for linking up to The Wednesday Link Up. I hope you can join us again tomorrow for our next party :) #TheWednesdayLinkUp

Carla from The River said...

I LOVE IT! I like the sectional, especially the color. It looks very comfortable.

Mica said...

Your finished deck looks so lovely! It's nice you could fix it up and give it a makeover!

Hope you had a good weekend! It was a great one here, busy Saturday with volunteering but a relaxing Sunday :)

Away From The Blue

R's Rue said...

It’s beautiful. I absolutely love it. Enjoy it.

Creations By Cindy said...

I absolutely love your deck! It looks so very nice and inviting. Girl...I would flat out be SORRY if I had that beautiful deck! NOPE...didn't cook today, was sitting on the deck. NOPE, didn't clean today....was sitting on the deck. NOPE....LOL! Hugs and blessings to you Heather Lou.
Cindy

Terra Heck said...

Very impressive! I like how it looks.

Ann said...

Your deck looks amazing - what a great spot for the summer! Love the sectional - and have the same rug on our screen patio! Enjoy the lazy days of summer !

csuhpat1 said...

That looks so very nice. What a cool place to hang out.

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails