June was a busy travel month for us. We visited College Girl in early June and had some other trips as well (not including our day at the beach during our staycation).
We headed to Virginia for a gig with Mr. Click's work band.It was in a brewery in Virginia.
The place was so cool!
Some friends from the area came out to see the band and it was such a fun day!
The next morning was Father's Day and we had brunch at Silver Diner.
This dad wanted pizza for dinner and of course I obliged.The following weekend we were on our way back to Boston to pick up College Girl. We were only going up for one night but hit some spots we've been meaning to visit.It's a book themed restaurant and every entree comes with a free (used) book. The menu was book themed too. It was like eating in a library/used book store. We loved it!
We stopped in at Bukowski Tavern after dinner. It's another place that we'd been wanting to check out. 

Their concept includes "surly yet fun service".
We noticed engraved mugs hanging over the bar and found out you can get your own mug through a mug club card. The rules are pretty funny and can be read here.

Boston is just so pretty!
In the morning we grabbed a quick breakfast at Pavement before heading home with our girl. I think we fit a lot into our short trips.



















11 comments:
Now I’m wanting pizza, a pint and some ice cream. Looks like a great time. Have a spectacular day.
What great adventures you're having this summer!
A book themed restaurant, that's great!
Girl, you are rocking those camo pants! YES, love it! You had a busy month didn't you? Looks like lots of fun and now I want some pizza! Hugs and blessings, Cindy
Fantastic Post - Amazing Depth In Those Captures There - Enjoy The Atmosphere - Stay Creative
Cheers
FUN! And I always enjoy the blog posts about your travels. :-)
Such fun places and that pizza...yum. I absolutely LOVE your CAMO pants. Your summer has been so cool.
It looks like you had a busy month of June! You visited a lot of nice restaurants and the book one looks interesting a lot of fun. Heather, I enjoyed reading about your stay in Boston.
What a great month. So very cool. Thanks for sharing it with us. Very nice.
Everytime you share these great trips I am like my husband and I need to do this more. We both work from home and it is so easy to just get into a routine. We are doing a "Leaf Peepers" trip in October with two other couples. We land in Boston and will stay 2 nights in the city! Love your day trip posts!
laura
Yes, where did you get camo pants. I bought some from Jane.com but they are more like pajama bottoms.
Post a Comment