Tuesday, July 27, 2021

4th of July Weekend

First off, a little blog business. Since Google has terminated Feedburner for email subscribers, I've switched my email service over to follow.it.  If you want to be alerted when a new post comes out, please subscribe via email by filling out the email subscription box on the right hand side of my blog.  If you are already a subscriber, you may need to re-subscribe with the new service.

Onto the holiday weekend! Both daughters were here and we took them out to celebrate.

We'd been wanting to take them to this neat little bar ever since we were introduced to it.
Now that things are opened up again and College Girl is legal, we were able to finally take them there.   Cheers!
On Saturday we got ready for a family get together at my sister's house.
I made Oh She Glows Roasted Vegetable Salad.  It looked pretty close to the original in the cookbook.
It was raining most of the day so we had the party in the garage.
My sister sets the prettiest table!
It was so good to be together again!
We ended  the night with a huge assortment of fun sparklers.
On Sunday we worked on the deck and hung our new solar lights up.  By "we", I mean Mr. Click. I supervised.
We had grilled fish (or tofu) tacos with all the fixin's and sangria.
It was so nice to enjoy the "new" deck.
That sangria was so tasty!
We had  heavely grilled peaches and ice cream for dessert.
Our neighbors put on the most amazing fireworks display and we have the best seat in our driveway.

Our hometown parade was on Monday and we started the morning with brunch at my mother in law's house.  College Girl made beautiful homemade babka.
Some of the parade  squad...
...and more of the parade squad.

What a fun and festive weekend!  Don't forget to subscribe via email!

Please follow me!
Instagram @heather_ourlife 
Twitter @ourlifeinaclick 
Pin It

13 comments:

R's Rue said...

I’m glad you could all gather. All this food is making me hungry. I want grilled peaches and ice cream now. Yum. Have a beautiful day.

R's Rue said...

reginekarpel@gmail.com

Dawn Hart said...

Sounds like you all had a fabulous weekend, my first time visiting your blog and look forward to catching up with your posts xxx

Lydia C. Lee said...

Looks like a fun get together! #creativeMondays

Tamar SB said...

What a tasty weekend! So glad they were both home with you.

Nancy 's Fashion Style said...

Gosh all that food looks so delicious. I'm a sucker for food. Looks like a great day!

csuhpat1 said...

Looks like an amazing time was had. Very nice.

Claire Justine said...

Looks like you all had a great time. The food and drinks all look amazing. Yum!!

Thanks so much for linking up to Creative Mondays, Heather. I hope you can join us again tomorrow :) #CreativeMondaysLinkUp

Creations By Cindy said...

Wonderful pictures and looks as though you all had a wonderful time. So glad you all could be together as family. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Carla from The River said...

LOVE the family time and 4th of July celebrations.
xx oo
Carla

Mica said...

Looks like such a fun weekend filled with family! How nice you all got to enjoy so much yummy food together! :)

I really need to do something about feed burner being discontinued - still haven't done anything about it, oops! I subscribe to blogs through feedly, I forget some people use email instead!

Hope you are having a nice weekend :) We will be at home enjoying this rare summer-like warmth in the middle of winter :)

Away From The Blue

Andrea Nine said...

This looks so fun and I’m so glad you had both the girls around! That’s the email service I switchEd to as well and so far so good. Have a great start to your week!

Bindu said...

What a happy get together!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails