Friday, April 1, 2011

Ireland - Part 2

Did you miss Part 1 of our Ireland Adventure? Click here to read all about it.
I'd be remiss if I didn't introduce you to this charming fellow(the one on the left this time) named John.  He was the door man, bell hop and treasure trove of information at Adare and such a character!  He was nice enough to lend my husband his hat for this photo. He was so full of information and stories, you'd want to talk to him for hours (and we tried).
This enormous fireplace in the lobby.
More details of the manor during our tour.  Don't you love this ceiling in the drawing room?
This is where we had a sumptuous afternoon tea.

This was in the upstairs chapel area.
all this intricate carving...
and stained glass windows...
A view outside.
The Cork Tree again.
There's also a world class golf course on the grounds (they hold the Irish Open there).
Tomorrow we'll see the quaint village of Adare and have our first pint of Guinness.
stay tuned....
Linking up with:



Pin It

5 comments:

Toni said...

Aww, you're killing me here! Beautiful!

Sara said...

Amazing!! I'm so incredibly jealous of this trip! Loving all the pictures, keep them coming!

Life in Rehab said...

I'm so incredibly jealous that I'm googling the castle to check out prices.

⚜ ↁℯℬℬᴵℰ⚜ said...

Unbelievable! I would love to go to Ireland. My grandmother whom was 100 full blooded Irish went later on her life and she never stopped talking about it.

Charla said...

Beautiful! I love the chandelier and ceiling and all the beautiful stained glass!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails