Thursday, March 17, 2011

{Recipe} Irish Soda Bread Muffins

Happy St. Patrick's Day!
We always make Irish Soda Bread Muffins to celebrate the holiday. This recipe is from Taste of Home and it's super easy.  They taste more like muffins than soda bread and they are soft and delicious with caraway seeds, buttermilk and raisins or currants.
We found these cute shamrock cupcake liners at Joanne Fabrics.
The ingredients are very simple and we usually have them all on hand.


Measure out flour and sugar. We doubled the recipe. 
Make your "buttermilk" (add lemon or vinegar to regular milk)

Add baking powder and baking soda

and salt

Then some caraway seeds

Mix up the dry ingredients with a whisk.

Crack some eggs and lightly beat.

Melt butter in the microwave.

Add the eggs to the butter.
Pour in the buttermilk.

and some canola oil.

Mix up the wet ingredients.

Add the wet to the dry.

Then add in currants 

and/or raisins (we like both)

Scoop into muffin tins.

Sprinkle with sugar.

Pop them in the oven and bake until golden brown and toothpick comes out clean.

All done!


Don't you love my helper's vintage apron?
We got it while we were on this fun little trip.

Please enter my 1 year Blogiversary CSN Stores gift card giveaway!!!!
Click here to enter!
This giveaway is now closed.

Linking up with:

Pin It

7 comments:

Flower Photography said...

Sounds and looks delish!!

Toni said...

Looks yum! I have all my soda bread stuff ready to go for a bit later. About to start dinner as well. Corned beef and cabbage. :)

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Jami said...

This is a great idea to make the soda bread into muffins! I had never thought of that, but i's perfect. I also have never actually made my own, so now I will. Thanks for the recipe!

borne . image . photography said...

Love soda bread, (this recipe sounds really good), vintage aprons, and Taste of Home! I also love images of cooking, and food, too! :) These are great, and now I am hungry! Lol!! This is my first time in the B&W Wednesday's challenge, and I'm having fun looking at everyone's entries! Thanks for sharing this recipe, too! You have a blessed weekend!

- Deborah

AmberFaith said...

Happy Blogiversary!

Siv Maria said...

Hi, I am new to blogging and hopping. I hopped in here from Norway and I look forward to following you. Wish someone would explain this whole give away concept that I keep running into while blog hopping :)

Christina at I Gotta Create! said...

Your chef is the sweetest ever!! I've not ever made these but I will have to try it. Thanks so much for sharing at the Kiss Me im Irish party at I Gotta Create! I will be featuring you on the blog Wednesday night <3

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails