I feel like I've posted about this drawer before but if I have, I can't find it. I call it my "nemesis drawer" because I have an awful time trying to keep it organized.
Mr. Click and I share this dresser (very old hand me down) and the bottom drawer looks like two drawers but it's one VERY deep one and it's mine. I have two regular sized drawers as well (we have a large closet for the rest of our clothes but this is our only set of drawers).I have tried to keep it organized but it would quickly become messy again and it was hard to keep things where they were supposed to be. I looked for ideas on Pinterest and didn't find anything for deep drawers. The Marie Kondo method doesn't work in such a deep space either.
I bought some deeper organizing bins from the Dollar Tree.
I purged some of the items in the drawer and started a donate pile.
I was only able to fit two of the bins but their height is perfect for this deep drawer. One bin holds pj's and the other one holds workout wear. I filled in the middle area with thicker socks and pj/workout shorts. There is some room behind the bins for lesser used items. It's not perfect but it's so much better and easier for me to keep neat! I did this project back in the summer and the system has been holding up. How do you organize deep drawers?
Linking up:
Pin It








5 comments:
love the idea of using bins! I need to reorganize some drawers!
Hi Heather, I love the idea of the bins in the drawers to stay organized. Thanks for sharing at C&C with J&J. Enjoy your day and week!
Julie
Looks great! I'm ALWAYS into organizing my junk this time of year. Last week, I tackled our kitchen cabinet with all my Christmas stuff. I love how these affordable Dollar Tree bins don't look Dollar Tree! Good job!
Great idea Heather. They look so tidy, I could do with doing this :)
Great idea for the deep drawer. I have one of those in a craft dresser, this will help!
Post a Comment