Thursday, September 21, 2023

Summer Bucket List

Visit the beach


I was in awe of the flowers at this house. Look at the hanging baskets on the porch!

We took a couple of beach day trips and visited some new beaches in the area.  We also took a big beach trip to Mexico (keep reading).


Family Vacation


You can read all about our trip to Mexico here.


Read every day

Besides the three books I mentioned in this post.  I also read:




I tried to make time to read a little every day.  It definitely got me back in the reading habit.

Plant Garden/Flowers from seeds

My garden didn't do that well this year because of the critters but they didn't seem to like our peppers or tomatoes. I planted some flower seeds in with the veggies and potted plants and got some beautiful blooms (before they became ground hog salad).

S'mores on the deck

We only did this once but that's ok.


Go out for ice cream 

We got to take our nephew to a childhood dairy farm for ice cream. The cows were WAY in the background.


Try new recipe/revisit old

I can't remember if I tried any new recipes but I did revisit an old favorite.  Recipe for Summer Vegetable Cobbler here.


Yoga 3x/week

I stuck pretty well to this goal and even did yoga four times on vacation in this dreamy spot.

Pizza on the grill

It's just different on the grill!

Farm stand corn

We also grilled the corn in the husks. So good!


Card games We never played any card games so that was a fail.

Outdoor dinner party I'm still hopeful that we'll have a dinner party one of these days!


Please follow me!
Pin It

10 comments:

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

Heather, it looks like you got a lot done on your summer bucket list. It's impressive that you did so much yoga and read a lot. I need to get back on track with my workouts at the gym and get a regular schedule. I will check out your vegetable cobbler recipe. I hope you enjoy the weekend even though it's supposed to rain.

Joanne said...

Pizza on the grill is amazing! You did a wonderful job on your summer bucket list.

csuhpat1 said...

Looks like someone at a wonderful summer. Very nice.

Ann said...

Wow, you hit almost everything on your list ! Thanks for the book ideas...I loved The Midnight Library and will look for the other titles - anything with Paris is my jam. I am listening to The Librarian of Banned Books set in WWII and it is great. Love that you got to the beach - we just returned from Hyde Park, NY, the FDR sites, and the Woodstock museum in Bethel Woods, NY. Great trip...looking through photos to get a blog post together. As for you outdoor dinner party...great idea. Plan for next year...we love to do that on our porch but when we had a yard it was SO much fun!!!

Tamar SB said...

So many good books! I loved all of them!

Hena Tayeb said...

I have never made pizza on the grill. Looks delish!

R's Rue said...

A great summer

Amy Johnson said...

Looks like a great summer. Yes, those flower baskets, and that house look incredible!

Carla from The River said...

Fun, fun... summer did fly by. We hope to have a few more backyard fires. We only had one so far this season.

Barefoot by the Sea said...

Love playing catch up on here! That giant house with the dreamy porch full of hydrangea and flowers is picture perfect! Of course I love summer eats complete with corn on the cob and pizza on the grill! You had a good one my friend!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails