This isn't so much a recipe as it is a guide. Move over, avocado...toast has a new BFF and it's mushrooms. This makes a savory, satisfying meal or snack.
You'll need bread (for the toast), some kind of spread like hummus or cream cheese, mushrooms(I like baby bellas for this) and optional onion.Sauté sliced mushrooms and onions in pan over medium high heat with some water or olive oil. I used the whole package of mushrooms and a 1/4 of a large red onion, thinly sliced.
Add seasonings-these are the ones I used but if you don't have them-salt, pepper and garlic powder are perfect.
Cook until mushrooms are well done and onions are carmelized.
Toast your bread. I used Dave's Killer Bread. Ezekial is really good too. Grab your spread of choice (hummus, cream cheese or both).
Spread a think layer of hummus or cream cheese on the toast.
Top with mushroom/onion mixture and add some Everything But the Bagel Seasoning if you have it.
Here it is with cream cheese - crunchy, creamy and comforting. Enjoy! Which would be your favorite? Are you a mushroom lover or the opposite?
Please follow me!
Instagram @heather_ourlife
Twitter @ourlifeinaclick











4 comments:
This looks like a great option if you don’t want avocado toast. Thanks for the recipe.
LOVE MUSHROOMS!!
Thank you for the idea!
Well I must say that I have never in my life heard of mushroom toast but oh does this look so good to me. There you go with those Trader Joes spices! I am still using the Salute 21 or 21 Salute and love it! Hugs and blessings, Cindy
This is another one I need to add. I love mushrooms!
Post a Comment