Tuesday, April 7, 2015

{Recipe} Irish Soda Bread

As I mentioned in yesterday's post, I made Irish Soda Bread for our Irish Night celebration.
My go-to recipe is one for Irish Soda Bread Muffins but this year I wanted to try something different.
I found this recipe and thought it looked like it would be a good one.
 My only tweaks to the recipe were 1) I used skim milk instead of whole and 2) I didn't have wheat bran so I used oatmeal that I processed in my Vitamix.
 The bread has no added sugar (or any sweeteners) but it does get a bit of sweetness from the raisins.  The caraway seeds give it a slight nutty crunch with that hint of rye bread. I love caraway seeds!
It baked up beautifully and was delicious. I will definitely be making this one again!

It's your last chance to enter my CanvasPop giveaway!!

Let's keep in touch!


Pin It

10 comments:

Tamar SB said...

Oh, it came out so pretty!!

Now, I'll go eat some matzah (-:

Creations By Cindy said...

This looks amazing Heather! WOW...pretty too! Usually my bread baking turns out GOOD but UGLY! LOL! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

camp and cottage living said...

Wow, looks delicious!

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

Beautiful! I need to try your recipe! The muffins look delicious too. I love that there's no added sugar!

Becky said...

This looks amazing! My mom would love it!

Carla from The River said...

Yummy. It looks just perfect. I will be trying this too.

Julia Nyanyo said...

I crashed and burned when I was a teenager attempting to make soda bread and it was such a disaster I've never tried again. This looks amazing, I'm going to pin and then one day when I'm feeling brave I will give it another go.

Julie's Lifestyle said...

Your Irish Soda Bread looks so good.
Thanks for sharing it at Cooking and Crafting with J&J.

Clairejustine oxox said...

I've never tried this before, yours looks so good :)

Thanks for sharing at Creative Mondays

Jessica Pelasky said...

My cousin makes something like this and it's always so good! I should try this recipe! :)

Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails