Thursday, October 29, 2020

What I Eat In a Day (Clean Out The Fridge Edition!)

We were getting ready to go away for the weekend and needed to use up some produce. I thought I'd take you along for the day to see what I ate and how I used up the food.

I started the day with a big bowl of oatmeal  and added our last banana. I also topped it with some Trader Joe's Pumpkin O's, dried cranberries and pumpkin seeds and LOTS of cinnamon.
On to lunch! I had a zucchini that I needed to use up and some red onion. 
One of my favorite ways to make zucchini is to sauté it with some onion, minced garlic, liquid aminos (or soy sauce) and a tiny bit of sesame oil.  I finish it off with sesame seeds and green onions if I have them.
I had that  with a veggie burger and some iced passion tea.
Snack time was some leftover apples (I had sprinkled them with cinnamon) and pumpkin pie hummus.
Here's what I needed to use up for dinner: a mix of potatoes, some cauliflower almost past its prime and some broccoli crowns.

I made this Creamy Garlic Cauliflower Sauce to top our  potatoes and roasted the broccoli.  Fridge was cleaned out!




Please follow me!
Instagram @heather_ourlife 
Twitter @ourlifeinaclick 
Facebook @ourlifeinclick


Pin It

12 comments:

Laura | Everyday Edits said...

Hi Heather, I do the same thing.
I thought of you when I finally got to TJ the other day. Do you guys have a line outside to get in? I bought the vegan caesar dressing thanks to you!
Oh I also bought those washable bags in the cleaning product section. I am going to use them for storage! They are so cute! laura

Laura | Everyday Edits said...

Did my comment go through? I think I rushed it! Well here it goes:
I bought the vegan caesar dressing.
I found washable shopping bags in cleaning section. Might use them for cute storage.

laura

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

I like the way you cleaned out the refrigerator using up your produce. The zucchini sounds delicious and I like that you add the onion and soy sauce and sesame oil. Next time I make it I'm going to make that way.

Carla from The River said...

This was fun Heather. And yum, well done on using up the goodies in the fridge.

Tamar SB said...

What a tasty day!!

Nancy 's Fashion Style said...

And now I just had breakfast and getting hungry again! Ha ha, have a good weekend!

csuhpat1 said...

You are so creative there. Very nice.

Mica said...

Yum, dinner looks delicious! well done on using everything up and making tasty things to eat out of everything you had left :)

Hope that you had a nice weekend :)

Away From Blue

Creations By Cindy said...

Oh I love it when I clean out the frig at my house. I often find so many things I can whip up especially soups or salads of some sort. Love seeing your little foodie posts! Always gives me ideas of things to use and ALWAYS makes me hungry! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Hena Tayeb said...

You made some wonderfully creative meals.

Andrea Nine said...

I need to do this with our freezer. Yum to all this and yay on healthy eating!

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

The creamy garlic cauliflower looks so good. Your fridge clean out looks better than mine would! 100%!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails