Thursday, June 18, 2020

Garden Progress & Planting Morning Glories

The garden is coming along.
Remember when it looked like this in May?
All of a sudden, it has exploded to look like this.  Let's take a closer look.
We have some heirloom black tomatoes.
I got some free sunflower seeds  and I popped them in the soil, I have a few coming up.
Here's the zucchini.
We have some pots of herbs and more tomatoes.
This pot has some basil coming back from last year.
I love geraniums in the summer!
Here are the peas..they are so sweet!

The hydrangeas and astilbe are looking beautiful right now.
I was excited to find some morning glory seeds because I like to plant them every year.
I always start them by nicking the seeds and soaking them overnight (or longer) to speed up germination.
You can see how they look after soaking in this photo.
I planted them around the front of my porch and they are starting to sprout.
It's very exciting.
Hopefully they'll look like this in a few months.

Please follow me!
Instagram @heather_ourlife 
Twitter @ourlifeinaclick 
Facebook @ourlifeinclick

Linking up:
Pin It

9 comments:

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

The garden looks great Heather. Thanks for the tip of soaking the seeds in water. I will have to try that next summer.

Carla from The River said...

Everything looks so good.
Yummy, fresh peas and tomatoes.
That is great that basil is coming back from last season.
Happy Summer!!
Carla

Tamar SB said...

I love morning glories!

Andrea Nine said...

I have not had morning glories in a few years but I want them again!! Your raised beds look fabulous!!

csuhpat1 said...

Looks so very nice. Lovely.

Laura | Everyday Edits said...

Heather your garden is popping! I have a similar garden bed and my tomato plant is slow-growing. My herbs are slow too!I hope it's our climate that takes a little bit more time! ha! I am having so much fun with our garden! Looks like you guys are too! laura

Creations By Cindy said...

Look at your little green thumb self go! Girl, it all looks amazing! I too love morning glories. Mine has not bloomed yet. Girl, we have had so much rain that it's a struggle to keep a lot of my stuff from drowning. It is crazy. It's either drought or storm! Wish you could see my little onions. I decided to do that again after seeing your post on yours and I am about ready to snip some free scallions. Loving all your garden goodies. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Hena Tayeb said...

Your garden is turning out beautifully.

Pam - @diy Design Fanatic said...

Your garden is looking good!
I'm tending a garden for the first time in 3 1/2 years!
Can't wait for the harvest.

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails