I've been going through our (100's of) photos from Italy and trying to organize them to remember our trip. If you want to travel along, I'd love to have you!
Day 1 and we're off! To see how I packed for 10 days in a carry on, click here.
We had an overnight flight from Philly to Rome and it was uneventful=perfect.
Arriving over Rome in the morning!
We had arranged to have a driver pick us up at airport and drive us to our hotel. It was so nice to not to have to figure out transportation when we arrived tired and bleary eyed. Our room wasn't quite ready so we set out to explore the neighborhood.After a quick cappuccino we headed to the Spanish steps. This is the view from the top looking down.
And from the bottom looking up.

The view from the top is stunning. I was already smitten with Roma!


We were staying in the Trevi neighborhood and only a few minute walk away from Trevi Fountain.
Tired Trevi selfie.
We went looking for a place for lunch that I wanted to try called That's Amore.
It is a bit touristy but it was right near our hotel and very good.
And heart shaped pizza! We went back to the room for a nap and set the alarm to make sure we didn't sleep too long.
Back out to see the Trevi Fountain at night.
We got our first gelato.
Someone is happy with the salted caramel gelato.
Slightly rested Trevi selfie.
Our first dinner in Italy.
Delicious food and...
...vino.
Walking around Piazza Colonna at night.We needed to get to bed because the next morning we were going to the Vatican.
Please follow me!
Instagram @heather_ourlife
Twitter @ourlifeinaclick
Pin It
























8 comments:
Hello Heather, oh I enjoyed look at the photos and looks like you both had fun. I visited Italy about 7 years ago. I remember visiting all of the same places you did and I loved it. I look forward to seeing and hearing about your trip. Enjoy your day and weekend!
Oh wow wow wow!! What a gorgeous first day! That food looks delicious.
Trevi fountain! We were there almost a year ago with our daughter! So jealous you have a direct flight! I remember we had a 5 hour layover in philly on our return flight and we just were so ready to get home!
Did you stay in Airbnb's last trip? Okay, where are you kids headed next trip? Congratulations on anniversary! xo laura
So excited for this tour.. thank you for taking us along. What kind of gelato did you enjoy? The food looks so good. :-)
Looks like you had such a wonderful time.. great pictures. Mmm that gelato looks yum.
The pictures are stunning and each tell a story! Enjoying riding along with you through blog land but dang girl...why could you have put me in your suitcase? LOL! Hugs and blessings, Cindy
Italy definitely doesn't disappoint in the food category! I have the same shoes! Love them. Glad you had beautiful weather!
What good information, I like all your blogs. You are fine. Thanks to the administrator.
Post a Comment