Monday, October 7, 2019

{Travel} Packing for Italy

In case you didn't know, we went to Italy for our 30th anniversary in September.
I knew I wanted to travel lightly (like we did for our Scotland/Ireland trip to see  College Girl last fall).
Luckily it would be warm where we were going but we still had to pack for inclement weather.  We'd be staying in hotels, not Airbnbs, so we wouldn't be able to do our laundry either.
I made sure all of the clothes I packed could do double or triple duty. I stocked up on solid bottoms-shorts and pants-and added in pops of color with my tops.
 I tried on everything a few times to make sure I had plenty of options. We would also be traveling between cities by train so we wanted minimal bags and comfy travel clothes.
 I whittled it down to this much clothing; including a packable rain jacket, sun hat, umbrella, purse, 2 sweaters (one long striped cardigan and one short black cardigan) and 3 pairs of shoes (two pairs of Birkenstocks and a pair of TOM's.) I knew we'd be doing LOTS of walking so comfy shoes were key! Using this portable clothing rack was a huge help in planning what to bring as well.
We were ready for take off!

Please follow me!
Instagram @heather_ourlife 
Twitter @ourlifeinaclick 
Pin It

6 comments:

Andrea Nine said...

You are one of the best packers I know.

Hena Tayeb said...

Wonderful.. we too try to go with just a hand carry per person.

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

I can't believe that you packed for your trip to Italy in a carry on! Wow Heather I am amazed that you could fit all of that in a carry on. I am getting better at packing but still need a larger suitcase than a carry on.

Tamar SB said...

You are a packing expert!

Carla from The River said...

When I take my trip, I am coming over or you are coming over to help me pack. ;-)
I am so excited to see your trip photos.

Laura | Everyday Edits said...

Impressive! On my Christmas list is a new travel carry on. Mine is a bit too large for the regional jets! laura

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails