Monday, August 21, 2017

{Get Organized} Master Linen Closet Makeover {Dollar Store Style}

I got bitten by the organizing bug again this summer.  
After this visit to the Dollar Tree I was especially motivated to tackle another problem area in my house.
 This was my master bedroom linen closet and it's embarrassing to look at now! I had one green bin that was supposed to be keeping me organized but the other shelves and floor area were never tamed.
 Eek!
 It had to get worse before it got better so I emptied out the whole closet.  I started a pile to donate and a pile to toss.
 In progress: I added some Dollar Tree fabric bins and started to put things back in the closet.
 It was so much better! The top shelf holds a heavy afghan (only used in the winter)and a zippered bag for our knitted Christmas stockings (I don't store them in the attic). The next shelf holds extra towels and sheets.
 Everything now has its own place and I know where to find it.  The green bin remains for my hair dryer and curling irons. The smaller bins hold other hair tools and brushes.
 The medium size bins leave me room for my travel toiletry bag and make up bag on one shelf and I keep our extra travel supplies in one bin.  Miscellaneous items are stored in the other one.
I'm most happy about the floor area, that was always such a disaster. Now it's organized with the large fabric bins and I can see everything in them.
I love looking in this closet.  It's right next to my vanity area which also got a little makeover. I will share that project later. For now, I'm just basking the organizational bliss of this closet!
Linking up:
Pin It

7 comments:

Tamar SB said...

When I unpacked I really really organized the linen closet - more bins to really keep it more tidy!!

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

It looks great! I love organizing - we did Syd's closet last week and it just feels good. Yours looks really good! I love the adfordable bins!

Creations By Cindy said...

Heather, I bought me a few of those Dollar store bins too and love them. They worked out perfect for my need and my purse! LOL! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Kelleyn Rothaermel said...

Great job! Looks like you found some great solutions to organization of this area!

Carla from The River said...

Looks great! I tackled two closets earlier this year. I hope to finish up two more before the end of 2017! ;-) The way this year is flying by, I better hurry. LOL

Jessica Pelasky said...

Great post! :) Looks awesome! :)

I would love for you to share this with my Facebook Group for recipes, crafts, tips, and tricks: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pluckyrecipescraftstips/

Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

Clairejustine oxox said...

This looks great Heather. I bet everything is a lot easier to find now :)

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails