Friday, September 3, 2021

{The Abode} Upgrading Our Dining & Living Room Floors

 This is a project that I've wanted to tackle since we moved into our home (16 years ago!).  Our dining and living rooms both had sad grey wall to wall carpeting, that only got worse as the years went on.

Here's the dining room before.
Because of the open floor plan of our home, each of these rooms is adjacent to wood flooring (spot the kitty!). Why they had carpeting I'll never know.

Here's the living room before.  We put area rugs in each of the rooms to try and down play the hideous carpeting.  

I never wanted to get new carpeting because I only wanted wood floors.  This is a good shot of how the living room adjoins the foyer and the family room.   
The floors had to acclimate to our home for a week before they could be installed. Willow is helping.  We had to empty out the rooms of all small furniture and decor.

Our installer worked so quickly that I barely had time to snap some "in progress" photos.
They match the kitchen floors pretty well!
Here's the living room after. We're still playing around with furniture placement so it's not finished but I'm LOVING the  new floors!

The after shot of the adjoining floors. The foyer has a diagonal beveled design which we may update one day.
The dining room after shot.
One more view.  It's still in progress but we're getting things back to normal. I don't  know what took us so long to do this!  It was not as costly as we thought it would be and it makes such a difference! What do you think?


Please follow me!
Instagram @heather_ourlife 
Twitter @ourlifeinaclick 
Pin It

15 comments:

R's Rue said...

Looks so good. Have a wonderful weekend my friend.

DUTA said...

Nice new wooden floors! Enjoy!
I like rugs, especially if they're of persian quality or the like.

Love Of Quilts said...

I know your loving the wood. I don't like carpet either, never feel like it's clean. Love wood! Your's looks marvelous. I wish to do this after getting wall papper down what a mess that's going to be.

Tamar SB said...

Looks so good!

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

The new wood floors look great Heather. It's so much easier to take care of and I know you will love it!

Carla from The River said...

I love it!
We are planning a kitchen remodel for 2022! A new floor is in the plan for the kitchen. A BIG PROJECT!

In the mean time we have been working a few other easier projects, I hope to share soon on the blog.
Love, Carla

P.S. A chin rub for the kitties.
xx oo

Ann said...

The new floors look fabulous...enjoy! The color is great and now your area rugs really stand out. We have hardwood in the foyer, dining room, kitchen, living room in our apartment. We could not have hardwood in the bedrooms ( what I wanted ) because we are on the second floor and our community was worried about a noise issue. Which I don't understand as we have tile in the bathrooms. Oh, well....we get a "refresh" on our place in 10 years and maybe by then I can get hardwood in the bedrooms. So...you waited awhile...enjoy!

csuhpat1 said...

Looks 100% better. Very nice.

Mica said...

Your new floors look lovely and it's great it was all installed so quick! :)

Hope you had a great weekend :) We enjoyed the warmer weather which was good as it's another cold spring day today!

Away From The Blue

Claire Justine said...

I love your dining room and living room. It looks beautiful, Heather :)

Andrea Nine said...

Wow. They look absolutely AMAZING

Ida said...

It looks nice. Wood floors always look pretty but to me they seem harder to keep clean as dust/cat hair (in our house) rapidly accumulates.

Laura | Everyday Edits said...

HI Heather,
Love the new flooring. What a difference! It looks amazing! Enjoy!
What's next on the project list ;0) laura

Hena Tayeb said...

That looks fantastic. The new floors really brighten up the space.

Joanne said...

Those look so lovely! We have been trying to replace all our wall to wall carpeting with other flooring this past year or two also and it makes such a huge difference. Much easier to keep clean too!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails