This was a quick fix to a little problem we were having with our outdoor solar powered grapevine orbs. The light in one of them had stopped working and I knew there had to be a way to replace it.
After a quick trip to Dollar Tree where I picked up two solar light stakes, I was ready to try and fix them. I'd only be out $2 if it didn't work.
Here's where the orbs hang and I liked how they would give our back deck a little glow once it got dark, but with only one working it wasn't as glow-y as it should be. The solar stakes can easily be pulled off and you're left with just the solar light.
The trick was to be able to replace the light but also be able to hang the orbs because the old light actually held the hanging wires. The old light also rested in a metal ring that held it to the orb.
I consulted Mr. Click and he came up with the idea to use zip ties to hold the new lights in place at the top of the orb since it would have fallen through the metal ring otherwise. We didn't have black so we used blue but you can't see it once it is hung up.
We still needed to hang the orbs so we removed the hanging wires from the old lights and hooked them to the wire frame on the top of the orbs. Scroll back one photo to see.
Now they both equally glow as the night gets darker and can easily be replaced if they stop working.
I didn't want to throw out the one old solar light that was still working so I popped it on top of this candle lantern (also from DT!)to see how it would look/work at night.
{from College Girl's Grad Party}
It's been perfect on our outdoor dining table!
Please follow me!
Instagram @heather_ourlife
Twitter @ourlifeinaclick
Facebook @ourlifeinclick
Pin It











8 comments:
I am glad it worked out and that you were able to buy the lights at Dollar Tree. The deck looks pretty at night with the lights.
Love these ideas!
Because I love outdoor "glowy" lighting!
💛💛💛
Solar lights are so fun and pretty!
Well just look at your smart little self! Girl! I would have never thought about doing that. And thumbs up to a cheap fix. YES, my kind of thrifty girl you are. Hugs and blessings, Cindy
Fantastic idea Heather!
What a brilliant idea you have come up with, looks really nice.
1 exceptionally clever or talented.
2 (of light or color) very bright and radiant.
Love it so much
The solar lights look great. We are doing are garden up over the next few weeks and I would love some :)
Post a Comment