Thursday, April 9, 2020

{Recipe} 3 Ingredient No-Knead Bread

I made this bread a few months ago but I hadn't done step by step photos until now.  With the stay at home order and bread limits at some stores-it's a good time to try your hand at bread making or if you just want a foolproof recipe.  (Sorry if you're not eating bread right now--come back later!)
 This could not be simpler and really only takes 3 ingredients to make (plus water).  Perfect quarantine bread!
 The only issue with this bread is that you have to plan for it. It has a really long rising time (8-24 hours) so you must plan ahead.  I found that if I mix up the dough the night before I need it, it doesn't feel like too much of a hardship and I'll have fresh bread the next day!
 Ingredients:
3 cups all purpose flour (I haven't tried it with any other kind of flour yet)
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp yeast
1 1/2 cups warm water (just warm from the tap)
 To make:
  • Mix together ingredients in a large bowl.
  • Cover with plastic wrap and let rise for 8-24 hours on the counter (no refrigeration necessary!).
  • When you're ready to bake the bread. Preheat oven to 450ºF and place Dutch oven (or covered baker) in the oven to preheat as well.
  • Form dough into a ball on parchment paper and let rest for 30 minutes while Dutch oven is preheating.
  • Carefully add the rested dough on the parchment paper to the (HOT)  Dutch oven and bake covered for 30 minutes.
  • Remove lid and bake an additional 15-20 minutes.

 Remove from the oven and look at your gorgeous loaf of bread!
 You'll feel so accomplished!
 Let it cool a little before you cut into it..unless you just can't wait!
 I like to check the center to make sure it's cooked all the way through.
It's delicious right out of the oven, toasted later or great for sandwiches (we had paninis last week!).

Please follow me!
Instagram @heather_ourlife 
Twitter @ourlifeinaclick 
Pin It

10 comments:

Meditations in Motion said...

Beautiful loaf of bread! I make a similar loaf but use sourdough starter rather than yeast. I can use this when my starter isn't ready to go!

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

Wow! Your bread looks really good and delicious. Thanks for the recipe Heather.

Tamar SB said...

I have a lot of friends making their own now!

R's Rue said...

Yum.

Love Of Quilts said...

That is good to know. Thanks

Love Of Quilts said...

Is the bread refrigerated while rising.

Creations By Cindy said...

I love fresh baked bread! WOW! Give me a slice with some BUTTA please! I haven't made fresh bread in a while. I need to do this soon. Thanks so much for sharing your recipe. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Joanne said...

I made bread almost identical to this the other day but I didn't have to let it rise that long... I'm sure there was something different about the recipe but I really don't remember. I do remember that it tasted wonderful and I was so happy to be putting my cast iron Dutch oven to work since I rarely think to use it.

csuhpat1 said...

That looks so very good.

Carla from The River said...

Pinned!! Thank you Heather!!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails