Friday, November 25, 2011

Thankful

Random thoughts and thankfulness.
The kitchen table all decked out for Thanksgiving.
I decorated it like the dining room table with things I already had.
 We tried out some new recipes like this stuffing from The Pioneer Woman
and this yummy Pumpkin Sangria.  I even made a non-alcoholic one for the kids.
 and old favorites like this Easy & Absolutely Fabulous Cranberry Relish(that I found in a Hallmark holiday pamphlet).  I also made the green bean casserole in the crock pot. Super easy!
 I'm so thankful that my husband does the mashed potatoes every year. This year he peeled them all the night before and kept them covered in water in the fridge (all 18 pounds of them!).
We tried a new turkey recipe from Martha.
It did make a beautifully glazed turkey.
 I love these bowls that I "commissioned" my daughters to make for me about 5 years ago.  I asked for  coordinating fall-colored bowls.   
There's a fourth one but it was being used to hold almonds on another table.
Another shot of the kitchen table.
 I had to get creative with seating and used our piano bench draped in a runner (that I won!) for the end of the table to hold two people who don't mind being cozy.
 It was so nice to have both families over for Thanksgiving.
 Of course football was on.
 Both kids were extremely helpful yesterday and leading up to the big day too!
She wanted to help mash the taters.
 The teen had prepared this delicious Grilled Vegetable Noodle-less Lasagna for the herbivores. 
 I don't mind roasting the turkey but cutting it is not my thing.  I was so thankful for help in this matter. It was juicy and delicious!  Everyone who wanted them went home with leftovers.
We served coffee and dessert in the basement which freed up a lot of space upstairs and I was able to set the dessert table up earlier in the week.   Unfortunately I didn't bring the camera down with me when we were having dessert so I don't have any pictures of our overflowing table of sweets.
We even managed to take our Christmas card photo outside yesterday (and I have a few that I like!). I was getting so good with the tripod and timer that I took a few of us right before our guests arrived. The lighting isn't great but I'm happy to have one of the four of us.

I'm most thankful for those three!!!

Check out the teen's new "do".
I'll leave you with an outtake from our Christmas card session.
How was your day?

A year ago:Clock to Cloche~Take 2
Pumpkin Pie Martini


Linking up with:
Free For All
Favorite Photo Friday
Pin It

6 comments:

Debbiedoo's blogging and blabbing said...

What a cute family Heather. That cranberry relish looked amazing!

Mel said...

Love the teens new hairstyle.

Fun out take photo!

It looks like a wonderful dinner. Thank you for sharing.

Jean said...

Ha! Ha! Love your outtake. Too funny. Lovely table.

simply brookes: said...

nothing is more attractive to me, than my husband in the kitchen pitchin' in. nice to see your man doing the same. looks like a wonderful day for your family.
i'm a new follower. will be back to your very creative blog.
happy holidays.

Self Sagacity said...

Such sharp photos, it's wonderful to see warm and friendly photos. From WWindow.

Chic Homeschool Mama said...

Looks like it was sure a lot of fun!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails