Wednesday, November 2, 2011

{Pinned} Italian Soda Bar

I'm participating in the Pinterest Challenge-Fall Edition hosted by Sheri, Katie, Ana & Erin.
You should get in on this!
I pinned this idea for a DIY Italian Soda Bar here.
Don't they look pretty and yummy?
I was planning on using this at our upcoming graduation party but thought it might be fun for my other daughter's slumber party too (and we could also see how it went over/worked).

My daughter filled in the instructions which were very straightforward: ice, bubbly water, flavored syrup and whipped cream with a straw. Easy peasy!
I was having trouble finding good flavored syrups around town so I ordered mine directly from Torani. They had so many to choose from but I stuck with fruity flavors and vanilla.
I ordered pomegranate, raspberry, lime, blood orange & vanilla for endless combinations.
I also got the pumps for the bottles, thinking it would be a lot easier for the girls to make their own sodas with less mess, that way.
 We used a write on wipe off markers to label their glasses (mason jars from this party).
The birthday girl getting in on the fun.
They were such a big hit, that I used the soda bar again at our family party and I will be re-using this idea at the grad party...maybe even at the next Italian Night?

Linking up with:
Pinterest Challenge -Fall Edition
Pin It

12 comments:

Kait said...

I love, love, love this idea! And I love the presentation too; mason jars always give off a rustic sort of charm. You must be popular with your daughter's friends - I know I would've loved having this at a sleepover as a child (or now).

Mellodee said...

I love Italian Soda, but I never would have come up with this idea. Wonderful....and just the kind of thing kids (and grown ups) like to experiment with.

Just a question, tho. I've never had an Italian Soda with whipped cream added. It looks pretty, but I'm not sure how it would taste. Does it get mixed in or just there as a topping?

Fun presentation too!!

My Journey With Candida said...

Oh what fun!!! I don't use sugar so I make a vanilla cream soda using club soda, stevia and vanilla. Soooooo gooood.

I am adding your blog to my blog roll so I can catch all your blog posts.

Kim @ Sand and Sisal said...

What a fun family activity! My kids would love it!

Beth (www.livinglifeintentionally.blogspot.com) said...

That looks like so much fun! Love the Italian Soda! Thanks so much for linking up to TGIF Linky Party. I can't wait to see what you come up with!
Beth

Splendid Little Stars said...

YUM! What a cool idea!

At The Picket Fence said...

What a seriously fun idea! The girls must have just loved this and how great to use the pumps on top. Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Inspiration
Friday this week!
Vanessa

Trish @MomOnTimeout said...

What a fun slumber party! I didn't know Italian sodas were so easy - thanks for sharing! If you have a moment, I'd love for you to share with my readers: http://www.momontimeout.com/2011/11/taking-timeout-thursday-no-4.html

Have a great weekend!

Marilyn said...

Super cute.What a neat idea...Your blog is soo awesome..adorable and creative..Love it.I'm Marilyn..Stopping in and officially following ya with smiles.Hope you can stop in sometime..http://theartsygirlconnection.blogspot.com ..TY..Off to indulge a bit in your posts :)).

Snap said...

This looks like so much fun ... tasty, too! :D :D

iheartsunnydays said...

I've never tried an Italian Soda before - they look divine! Might just have to go and make one right now :)

Natasha in Oz said...

Thank you so very much for joining in with this week's Pinning & Singing Pinterest Party. This is an amazing idea and I'm going to repin it right now!

I hope you will able to join in again with this week's Pinning & Singing party!

Best wishes and Happy Thanksgiving,
Natasha.

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails