Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Banana "Ice cream"

Banana "ice cream" made only from bananas? Shut the front door!
Found this on Pinterest and had to try it.
 The key is to slice up the bananas before you freeze them.  We used 4 bananas.
 Pop them in the food processor and start processing.
Even my very old food processor did the job. Just keep on pulsing the blades. The bananas start to get crumbly. 
 Stick with it...keep on pulsing.
 It starts to get creamy and smooth.
 until it looks like this.
We scooped some out to try it au natural,
 
 then added some cocoa powder to the remaining whipped bananas.
and whipped it up some more.
Chocolate banana 'ice cream'.
We're going to try peanut butter banana next.
I liked the plain old banana best.
Super Yum!  You should try it.
Linking up with:
Wow us Wednesday!
Alphabe-Thursday
Feature Yourself Friday
Fusion Fridays
Terrific Under Ten Tuesday
The Pinterest Challenge - Summer Edition @ Young House Love
The Pinterest Challenge - Summer Edition @ Bower Power
Recipe Linky @ Remodelaholic
Pin Head Party
Best Recipes of 2011
Pin It

19 comments:

Rocky Mountain Woman said...

What a great idea for a quick, healthy summer dessert!

Judie said...

This looks just too good to not try. I am off to the store for bananas!

EG Wow said...

This looks delicious! Thanks for the recipe. :)

Jingle said...

love it, yummy.

Love Of Quilts said...

It does look good.It doesn't sound good. Some day I may try it out to see for myself. Trish

Teresa said...

That does sound great!

PⒿ @ $ € € ₦$ ₣®0₥... said...

Now, that's a healthier alternative isn't it?

Ashley Sisk said...

Yummy! I want to try it.

BigBearswife said...

I think I'll be making this soon! What a wonderful cool summer treat that WONT pack on the pounds!

nick said...

I would have thought the bananas would have turned brown. But I guess not. Looks fabulous.

JDaniel4's Mom said...

This looks so yummy! It didn't look hard to make.

Andy said...

I would never have thought you could make banana ice cream without the cream. Even I could make that:-)
The fact that it's got cocoa in it makes it all the more yummy (I'm a complete chocoholic), but I fear my super svelte shape might not be so svelte afterwards (lol)

Thanks for sharing.

upinthecosmos said...

OMG, that looks fabulous!!! I'm always looking for fun new things to use my food processor for so I will be giving this healthy yumminess a whirl!!

mrs. c said...

i did not realize that you could make banana ice cream with just bananas! wow! I plan to make this real soon. how ripe do the bananas need to be? Also could you put some vanilla in this? I think I would like the peanut butter added, or maybe coconut and pineapple! Thanks, this has given me lots of ideas!

myorii said...

Wow! I've got to try this recipe! You don't even need milk? Yea, I really have to try this now :) Thanks for sharing such a great idea!

ourlifeinaclick.blogspot.com said...

@mrs c I used just ripe bananas..not too firm, not too soft

@myori Yes..no MILK! Isn't that great? and it's super creamy.

-heather

Jenny said...

What a neat way to make a healthy treat! I bet it would be really sweet if the bananas were super ripe! The chocolate peanut butter idea is cool. I wonder how it would be with strawberries, too?

Thanks for a marvelous and creative link today.

A+

Kristen @ Popcorn on the Stove said...

I made this banana ice cream, too! It's so yummy. Our food processor (okay, I used a food chopper because that's all I had) meant that the ice cream wasn't as creamy - in fact, it was more chunky than creamy - but it was still so delicious!

Tanya Anurag said...

I love ice cream and I am sure I am gonna try this out. Thanks for sharing.

We have a link-up party going on - Tea Time Thursdays @ Kreative Korner. I would really appreciate if you'd link up some of your awesome posts there. Hope to see you at the party.

http://tanyaanurag.blogspot.com/2011/08/tea-time-thursdays-3-and-features.html

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails