Monday, June 27, 2011

Summer Mantel

I still haven't tired of the creamy whites and neutrals on my mantel since I changed out the mirror way back when.
To give it a little summer style I added in some star fish, a seashell birdhouse(both purchased on this adventure last summer) and
some of my kids' artwork..this sailboat painting on wood fit the theme
 and so did this pretty mermaid.
I popped the bee skep onto my thrifted pedestal and added another starfish up there.
For a pop of color I cut some of my hydrangeas and put them in the mirror vase ( I love the reflection of my blue family room in the vase).
I still have this spray painted birdcage on the mantel too.  I'm not sure if it needs some seashells or maybe a little bird in there. What do you think? Have you changed up your mantel for summer?
Linking up with:
Pin It

9 comments:

⚜ ↁℯℬℬᴵℰ⚜ said...

I have such a hard time changing my mantel up for summer. Yours looks good Heather. I like the idea of shells and the bird!

Mel said...

So pretty and with the paintings it's uber sweet.

I change mine all the time because I never seem to get it quite right. I'm ready to chuck the whole thing at this point. LOL

BTW, the fruit salad with cucumber was delicious and I will def. make it again. Thanks for the inspiration.

Lindalou said...

Your mantel looks great. I don't change mine up except at Christmas. I don't seem to have that right flair. Or maybe it's that I just don't have enough stuff.

I follow a couple blogs that do their mantels just because I do love the way it looks.

Gina said...

Your mantel looks great! I love all the summery whites against the brick.

malia said...

what a lovely mantle! xo

Love Of Quilts said...

I haven't changed my mantel for the summer but I like the beach theme you have. Trish

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hi Heather...

Oooh...I love all the pretty whites that you added into your mantel as well, my friend! And...I also love all the summer pretties that are now gracing this pretty mantel! The lilacs are gorgeous! Beautiful...simply beautiful! Thank you for sharing your summer mantel with us today!

Warmest summery wishes,
Chari

Charm Bracelet Diva said...

Love your summer mantel! I'm stopping by from House of Grace....I would love for you to stop over and join in my Club G.W. (Goodwill) with Charm Bracelet Diva Party going on right now! Hope to see you there!

xoxo
Kathleen

JudyBug said...

What a lovely mantel for the summer! I love little birds so I vote for a bird with the birdcage. :)

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails