Tuesday, July 20, 2010

A "Sweet" Little Getaway (plus shopping!!)

We snuck away for a mini vacation.  My youngest had a dance competition so we went up early and got some amusement/water park/pool/shopping time into our summer.

First off, some junk food!

Add in some crazy coasters!

                                                                   and water coasters!

Wouldn't you like to live at this intersection?

The Sweetest Place on Earth has a store! A big one!!!


It's a boy, it's a girl, it's twins!

Ooh...new Meltaway Kisses (we got some free samples).


Reese's Whipps?
and Giant-sized!
and ice cream syrup!
Can you tell I like Reese's?
(and Dark!)

We did some shopping then headed back to the hotel to check-in, freshen up and go to dinner.

On the way to the hotel we noticed this store.



I think I might have squealed. I have not been to one of these in years!
So we had to take a peek after dinner.
I went a little crazy. Just ask my family....
They wanted to get back and go to the hotel pool so I had to RUSH through my shopping experience, snapping a few pix as I went.

Can you see the cloches on the middle shelf?  If I could have figured out how to open them without breaking the glass I would have bought a few.   I think they were $6.99 or something crazy like that!

Baskets and wreaths and flowers..oh my! 

Notice the price on these ceramic orbs...$1.00!!!  
 The cow creamers...just .79c!
 

Polish stoneware for a steal!
 

 These bubbly blue goblets caught my eye...if only I'd had more time (and room to store them!)
And these water bottles for $1.99, just like the ones used at Italian Night (I had just seen them at a fancy kitchen store for $12.99!).

I did manage to purchase a few items before being dragged out of there. It was so much fun to visit! 
Then back to the hotel for some R & R before the competition.

Sometimes those mini getaways are just enough. Where have you been escaping to this summer?

Blogger Templates

linking up with:
http://fadedcharmcottage.blogspot.com/2010/07/white-wednesday-57.html


















 http://linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com/
Pin It

19 comments:

Janet said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Life in Rehab said...

I take it your daughter does Celtic dance? The shoes are adorable.

I would have been all over that shop too, and at least one of those cloches would have been MINE!

With the beach 15 minutes away, I have the luxury of unplugging whenever possible, but we can't do a real vacation with everything going on right now.

Debbie said...

Neat shop!! I would have bought a cloche too! So many things to see.
Debbie@houseatthelake

Hootiebee said...

New follower from Welcome Wednesdays. Would love it if you stop by at www.hootiebee.blogspot.com

Yellow House said...

All that chocolate is making me crazy! Add in the french fries and I am really wishing I had junk food in the house! Fun trip!

KarenHarveyCox said...

We have the Christmas Tree Shop nearby, they are so much fun. I love your photographs, they remind me of walking on the boardwalk in Coney Island...they also had the best French Fries.
Karen

Jenna said...

I am your newest follower! I'd love it if you could visit/follow me too!

www.momsbalancingact.com

Dewi Citra Sari said...

I'm your newest folower from welcome wednesday
hope a visit from you :D

Vivianne's Vista said...

Your pictures are beautiful! Stopping by as your new follower for Welcome Wednesday. Hope to see you at Vivianne's Vista

Bette said...

those ceramic orbs are amazing for a buck! no vacay for us this summer, spending it in our new backyard oasis that I've been blogging about forever.

Kirsty said...

Oo I love the baskets and the cow creamers... Even if I am vegan haha oh well maube I could put some non-dairy cream in there.. Or flowers that'd look pretty!! :D now where do I find one in Australia?

~~Carol~~ said...

I keep hearing about this shop, and I really wish there was one near me! I can't believe the deals. Oh, and those shoes are so darn cute!
Happy WW!
Carol

Jessica said...

Hi Heather! Hershey Park is our families favorite place to visit. However, I discovered The Christmas Tree Shoppe about a year ago (45 mins. away from our house) and that is MY favorite place! Sounds like you all had the perfect getaway!

Eve said...

Oh my, what lovely finds in that store. I would have needed more time for sure! Did you go on one of those roller coaters Heather? It looks like so much fun. Ah, don't get me commenting about chocolate :D Big Hugs!!

MrsPhilipswithoneL said...

Following from Welcome Wednesdays
mrsphilipswithonel@gmail.com,
http://mrsphilipswithonel.blogspot.com/

Funky Mama Bird said...

I love Reese's. I didn't know they had dark... I must go searching now.

suzieQ said...

No way! I love, love, love those ceramic orbs and have only seen them in blue...now I see they have colors. I hope the CTS in Maine have them!
You, my friend, have given me an excuse to go shopping, thanks.

idesign said...

I too am addicted to Reese's....i've had to cut way back bc my boyfriend is newly allergic to peanuts! the horror!!!

Kathleen said...

I hope your little Irish dancer did well! We have some in our family too! I am addicted to Christmas Tree Shops!
I wrote to them for 10 years asking them to come to Long Island! :)

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails