Monday, May 24, 2010

Updating Our Abode - The Basement Part 1

Some pictures of our basement before we moved in.

There were two nice-sized storage closets.


There were also two "offices". We'll call this #1 (with window). Hubby works from home and took this one.
The opening behind the back desk was this closet.

and office #2 (no window) became the playroom
The rest of the space was unfinished. 

A feature that we really liked were the walkout French doors.
I don't have a good photo of the playroom or the office with our furniture in it but here's the unfinished side being used as a makeshift craft center at a family get together.
(Catch the feet at the lower left corner of the photo?)

Something had to be done!  To be continued....
Here are our other updates.


Pin It

3 comments:

McCarthy Designs said...

Hi Heather, I just found your blog and wanted to say 'Hi' I'm looking foward to seeing the progress in the basement! xx

Yellow House said...

I will be eager to see what you do with your basement! Ours is partially finished also and is just a storage and laundry pit now. I need some inspiration!

Baye said...

Just what I need--some motivation to attack our basement. Half is finished and the other half is an unfinished workshop and huge pantry, along with a finished closet. I have no idea why they put the finished closet in the unfinished part of the basement.

Your work has inspired me. I don't know whether to thank you for that or not. I've got a lot of work ahead of me;-]

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails