Tuesday, May 11, 2010

{Recipe} Lemonade Icecream Dessert

We made this cool, sweet, crunchy, creamy, yet pucker-riffic dessert for Mother's Day.
It was easy.  You'll need:

Mix  1 1/2 cups of flour and  3/4 cup of packed brown sugar together.

Cube 3/4 cup of butter

Cut the butter into the flour/sugar mixture. A knife works well.

Or pull out the pastry blender

Until you have a crumbly mixture

Add in 3/4 cup of chopped pecans

Spread out on a  greased baking sheet and bake @ 375F until golden brown (about 10 minutes), stirring once.

Mix a 1/2 gallon of softened vanilla icecream and 1 (12 oz) can of thawed pink lemonade concentrate
Pull the crumbly mixture out of the oven and cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Try some, it's good!

Sprinkle half of the mixture in a greased 9 x 13 pan
Pour the icecream mixture over the crumbs.
Add remaining crumbs to the top
Cover and freeze overnight. Remove from freezer 15 minutes before serving.
Serves 12-15.
This was before it was frozen, it'll look lighter when it comes out. You can re-freeze the leftovers too.
Sweet Shot Day

Pin It

20 comments:

amy said...

Heaven in a dish. I love lemonade treats in the summer. Thanks for sharing!

Life with Kaishon said...

Oh my goodness. It looks so delicious! YUM! Thank you for sharing this deliciousness! Perfect summer dessert for sure!

Life in Rehab said...

Oh, wow, Heather, that sounds fantastic! What a great summer dessert. I'm going to forward this recipe straight to Thom!

ourlifeinaclick.blogspot.com said...

Sunny..I don't think you'll be disappointed. Perfect for a hot summer day (even though it was cold here!) :)

Susan said...

YUMMY!!! Thanks for sharing this♥

Creations By Cindy said...

Oh girl! Loven this recipe. Thanks for sharing. Be blessed. Cindy

Creations By Cindy said...

Heather, how many would you say this recipe served? Oh I can't wait to try this. Be blessed. Cindy

ourlifeinaclick.blogspot.com said...

Cindy, it's about 12-15. It's pretty rich so you don't need big pieces. It's really yummy!

heather

ourlifeinaclick.blogspot.com said...

Susan thanks for stopping over and commenting!

-heather

Creations By Cindy said...

Heather, I don't an email address or I would email you instead. But, would you mind if I gave this recipes with one of the pics you've posted to my little group of mama's that are coming to my lemonade party on Sat? I will give you full credit. Be blessed. Cindy

ourlifeinaclick.blogspot.com said...

Hi Cindy. I do have my email info under Contact but I am also posting it to my blog so it's easier to find. Thanks!

it's ourlifeinaclick@gmail.com

Yes you may use the recipe and photo..thanks for asking! Which photo, may I ask? Just curious.

-heather

Kathleen@so much to say, so little time said...

Ooh, wow! Thanks for sharing. We might have to try that one...

Christine said...

YUM! Will definitely need to try this.

April@The 21st Century Housewife said...

What a nice summer dessert! Thanks for sharing it.

Melinda said...

Yum! I love frozen dessert in the summertime! I've got this one bookmarked!

ourlifeinaclick.blogspot.com said...

You all should definitely try this. It's so good! Thanks for stopping over and commenting.

ButterYum said...

Mmmmm... I just posted two lemon recipes myself. Love it!!

:)
ButterYum

heartnsoulcooking said...

What a GREAT!!! dessert for the summer BBQ. YUMMY!!! YUM!!!
Geri

Jessa Irene (Holiday-Haven) said...

Wow! That looks wonderful. Thanks for the recipe.

Jessica Pelasky said...

I've pinned this! It sounds so amazing!

Thanks for joining the Cooking & Crafting with J & J Link Up! :)

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails