Friday, April 28, 2017

Easter 2017: Peeps Fruit Kabobs & Vegan Coconut Macaroon Nests

Since I had leftover Peeps from my new and improved Peeps wreath, I decided to make these cute fruit kabobs for Easter.
Of course I got the idea from Pinterest.
The only tip I have is to make them close to serving time so they Peeps don't get too soggy.
 I also recreated these Coconut Macaroon Nests that we made a few years ago and veganized them.
 Vegan Coconut Macaroon Nests
Ingredients:
1 (14 ounce) bag sweetened coconut
1 can (11.25 ounce) sweetened condensed coconut milk, I used Nature's Charm brand
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp course salt (optional)
1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips (optional)
jelly beans

To make:
Preheat oven to 350F.   Spray mini muffin tins with non stick spray.
In large bowl, combine coconut, sweetened condensed coconut milk, vanilla and salt (if using). Stir well.  Drop by spoonfuls into mini muffin tins. Press each one down in the middle to create a little nest. 
Bake until golden brown on top (about 30 minutes).  Let cool on wire rack.  Remove with off set spatula or butter knife. Mine were pretty sticky.  Once cooled completely, melt chocolate chips and add a little to some of the nests (optional).  Add jelly beans to the nests to complete the look.  Chill to harden.
Aren't they adorable? They are really good too!
Linking up:
Welcome To The Weekend


Pin It

6 comments:

Tamar SB said...

those kabobs are so cute! Is it wrong though that I chuckled and thought "ha the peep has a stick up it's tush!"

Carla from The River said...

I am pinning that Macaroon Nest recipe. Yum!
Have a great weekend!
Carla

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

So cute! I'm going to remember these adorable nests for next year! Thanks for sharing!

Clairejustine oxox said...

Aww, these are great Heather. I wish I could reach out and try some :)

vanity andme said...

These look really good. Ideal for children's parties.
www.vanityandmestyle.com

laura@notatrophywife.com said...

how cute are the Peeps!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails