Wednesday, October 19, 2016

{Recipe} Asian Inspired Broccoli Slaw with Avocado Dressing

I brought this salad to picnic and it was SO good!  I was in the mood for some broccoli slaw and also had a few ripe avocados on hand so I came up with this winning combo.
Ingredients:
(10-12 servings)
2 bags of broccoli slaw
1 bag of shredded carrots
1 bag of shredded red cabbage
1 bell pepper, diced
1/2 red onion, diced
1 can mandarin oranges, drained
1 bunch of scallions, chopped
1 can crunchy rice noodles (like La Choy brand)
1/2 cup sunflower seeds, toasted*(how to below)
2 TBS sesame seeds
Creamy Avocado Dressing (see recipe below)
 To make:
Combine all of the vegetables in a large bowl.
 *Toast sunflower seeds in a dry pan until lightly browned.
 To make the dressing. 
Combine 2 ripe avocados(peeled and seeded), 2-3 TBS maple syrup and 1-2 TBS of fresh lemon juice in a high speed blender. Add some water to thin as you blend. Add as much as you need for a dressing-like consistency. Add salt and pepper to taste.
 Just before serving, add in mandarin oranges, sunflower seeds, sesame and crunchy rice noodles. Add the dressing and stir gently to combine.
Season to taste with salt & pepper.
Enjoy!
Let's keep in touch!
Pin It

8 comments:

Tamar SB said...

ooo!! I love this! I haven't bought the bagged broccoli in ages!

Creations By Cindy said...

YUM, YUM! This looks so good and I love broccoli slaw and anything Asian style. Thanks for sharing your recipe! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Clairejustine oxox said...

Whoo this looks tasty Heather, love anything like this :)

Thanks for sharing at the Wednesday blog hop ..

Laura said...

Heather- this sounds delicious!
I hope you will share this tomorrow-Thursday- at Thoughts of Home.
Just stop by my blog to join in!
We would love to have you.

Laura
White Spray Paint
www.whitespraypaintblog.com

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

Hi Heather, this salad and dressing sounds so good. I will have to give this a tray sometime. I also make one similar that I buy in a package from Costco that is Asian inspired and tastes great. Thanks for the recipe!
Enjoy the weekend.
Julie xo

Carla from The River said...

Yummy...thank you for sharing. :-)

Jessica Pelasky said...

This sounds so tasty! YUM!

I would love for you to share this with my Facebook Group for recipes, crafts, tips, and tricks: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pluckyrecipescraftstips/

Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

Bliss said...

I love me some broccoli slaw!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails