Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Discovering the Rail Trail

I'm back! Thank you to everyone who left me sweet messages and kind words of encouragement during my little hiatus.  You guys rock!! A solid week off from blogging was just what I needed.
 Today I'm sharing a walk on the rail trails of Pennsylvania.
 Our county doesn't have them yet but other local counties have some really extensive walking trails on the old railroad system.  They link up with county parks for even more exploring and hiking.
 

It was a particularly hot day in August so the shady parts of the trail were especially enticing.
This particular trail happens to cut through one of my favorite little towns of Bryn Athyn. How quaint is this post office (it also used to be the train station).
 I'm looking forward to exploring more of the trails and seeing the leaves change as the weather cools down,
 A lot of the time we were by ourselves on the trail but we also passed bikers, families, dog walkers and runners along the trail.
I have this thing with tree houses!  This was on private property and what a view they have.
Do you have a converted rail trail system in your area?
Let's keep in touch!
  photo pinterest-2_zps1a6f4965.png  photo instagram-2_zpse2ae75b5.png  photo facebook-2_zps1d5be0d6.png  photo twitter-1_zps27e694f2.png
Pin It

6 comments:

Creations By Cindy said...

How peaceful would this be to walk through this area! And OH DO I LOVE THAT TREE HOUSE! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

Hi Heather, that looks so pretty and sounds like you had a great time exploring. I love that post office too. It's always nice to take time off from blogging and glad to see you back!
Julie

Tamar SB said...

What a great trail! Bet it will be stunning when the leaves change!!

Anna of the Mutton Years said...

Thank you. I enjoyed that walk. I did a small trek up your railroads paths in the Rockies. My great grandfather built some of your US railroad too.

Carla from The River said...

I love that second to last photo. Yes, we have a trail system in our local community too. I am so thankful for it.

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

I love the photos! We had planned to get to the rail trail near us for my birthday but opted for the apple orchard instead. Still, a good day!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails