Friday, December 13, 2013

{Solution} Hanging Plates for The Holidays

I have these Disney Christmas plates that are just too cute for dining. I wanted to display them temporarily on the wall for the holiday season and these Invisible DISChangers did the trick!
 I found mine at Hobby Lobby.
 You need to add a tiny bit of water to activate the glue on the back of the disc, let it sit for a few minutes until it is really tacky.
 So tacky, that I could pick it up with my finger. Then you know it's ready.
Attach it to the back of the plate, making sure the loop for hanging is where you want it to be.  Press down and smooth out any air bubbles. Leave to set for 24 hours.  These make great permanent  plate hangers as well, because you don't see any ugly 'hardware', just your plate!  The discs can be removed by soaking in warm water if you ever change your mind about hanging them.
Since I only wanted to hang my plates during the holiday season, I used Command clear hooks.  Make sure you get the right size for the job. I knew my plates were over .5 pounds, so I went up to the next size hook. I love that they come in clear now!
This is how the wall behind our Disney tree used to look.
 Here it is now!  I attached the clear Command hooks and waited an hour before hanging the plates.
 They make me SO happy when I go downstairs and see them flanking our Disney tree.
{New chevron pillow covers from Hobby Lobby!}
 Now Tink (Love), Dopey (Joy),
Jiminy(Peace) and Mickey (Noel) can be seen by all.
When the holidays are over, I can pack them up and remove the hooks until next year.  
Pin It

9 comments:

Tamar SB said...

Wow!! Those look so much nicer than the traditional plate holders for walls! Totally need to find those!

Love Of Quilts said...

The wall looks really nice with your plates hanging. Much better then with out. Lovely tree.

Jules said...

I must find these!!!! I have quite a few plates hanging in my eating area and would love to do away with the metal holders/hangers. The plates look great framing your Disney tree!

Katie said...

This is awesome! I really love how they look, it just seems like the plates are floating on the wall! So much prettier than the big metal holder things!

I love the Disney tree with its Disney plates!

Also - those chevron pillows are awesome! Isn't Hobby Lobby the best?

Bliss said...

Hey, I pinned those hanger thingies when I saw them a while ago but never got around to ordering them. Looks like they work great!

Along These Lines ... said...

Following your lead, I tried hanging our plates too. Looked good, but we're having a devil of a job getting the food to stay on.

Becky said...

Awh, I love the Disney tree! These plates look great with it! What a perfect solution!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Such a cute idea! I have fun plates that I would love to display for holidays and so this is really the perfect way to do it! Thanks for sharing at TTF.

Clairejustine oxox said...

Oh wow, you tree looks beautiful Heather. I love those plate holders, they are just what I need for some calendar plates I had when my eldest 2 boys were born :) Thanks for sharing at the weekend blog hop..

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails