Tuesday, December 24, 2013

{Recipe} Stuffing Muffins

Happy Christmas Eve!
I made these savory stuffing muffins for Thanksgiving but they would be good any time of year!
I started with this recipe and adapted it. I used Trader Joe's cornbread stuffing mix minus the seasoning mix, vegetable stock, Trader Joe's stuffing starter (chopped celery, onion and spices), dried cranberries and a Granny Smith apple.
Preheat oven to 375 F. Saute the veggies in olive oil and apple in olive oil until soft (about 5 minutes). Add 1/2 cup of dried cranberries and salt & pepper to taste.
Add the cornbread stuffing mix to a large bowl then pour in the sauteed vegetable/fruit mixture.
Add 2 1/2 cups of vegetable stock and mix gently.
Grease muffin tins with olive oil and use an ice cream scoop to fill the muffin cup with stuffing.
Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
*Tip-let them cool before taking out of muffins tins and they will hold together better.*
Enjoy as a side dish or by themselves.
Linking up with:
Saturday Night Fever
Thrifty Things Friday
Pin It

7 comments:

Tamar SB said...

Well that is genius! Happy Christmas!!

Dawn said...

Yum! The apple sounds delish!

Becky said...

I love the idea of stuffing muffins except I would want to pop one in my mouth every time I walked by the table! Ha!

Jodee Weiland said...

Great idea for stuffing! I like the idea of using a muffin pan, since everyone in my family loves stuffing!

Jen Nikolaus said...

GENIUS!!! I love this idea! My family of boys would totally devour these! Thanks for sharing at Saturday Night Fever - pinning now!

Katie said...

These look so great! AJ would love them. They seem like they would make having stuffing during the year fun!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

These do looks so good! I love stuffing and this is a great way to serve them. Thanks for linking up this recipe to TTF!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails